• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 9 NFL Thread: I think it's just we have different views

Holy crap that was a terrible end of half sequence for that officiating crew. And of course Seattle, the team that loves to whine about officiating inequalities, benefits in the end.

Probably not technically roughing the kicker since the play was blown dead. Still should have been unnecessary roughness tho. Sherman will defs get a hefty fine.

Curious to see if the refs botched the play clock sitch after the spike.

Actually they didn't blow the whistle when Sherm jumped offsides. And since he touched the ball first maybe no PF?

Actually they didn't blow the whistle when Sherm jumped offsides. And since he touched the ball first maybe no PF?

I don't remember hearing a whistle. Refs have to blow that dead. If he plays through whistle its a personal foul.

Sherman has the right to keep going unless theres a whistle, although It looked like Sherman was trying to tackle the kicker. NFL probably going to tee up on Sherman since he's been bad mouthing the league.

Also thought refs botched the next play- then took them close to 5 seconds to realize play clock was at 0

These Bills corners are putrid.

Amazing play on 3rd and 21 by Taylor and Woods. Unreal.

Gutsy effort by Taylor. His OL just couldn't hold up down the stretch.

Those 3 points at the end of the 1st half taken away via the debacle loomed pretty large at the end of this one.

So, Buffalo got jobbed by those officials tonight.

Sherman is claiming he went for the ball. There's no way to defend that after looking at the tape.

Sherman is claiming he went for the ball. There's no way to defend that after looking at the tape.

I don't blame him for making that play, but I blame the officials for letting that one get away from them. In the end, it worked for him and the Seahawks.

He went right for the kicker's legs. That's dirty.

The officials definitely take the blame. No question there.

I don't blame him for making that play, but I blame the officials for letting that one get away from them. In the end, it worked for him and the Seahawks.

I blame him for making the play. He dove at a dude's legs trying to injure him. I have no doubt that was his intent on that play.
And I'm a Richard Sherman fan, but that play was dirty AF.

I blame him for making the play. He dove at a dude's legs trying to injure him. I have no doubt that was his intent on that play.
And I'm a Richard Sherman fan, but that play was dirty AF.

I agree with you that it was a dirty play, but dude gambled and won. Even he looked a little bit surprised about how the officials handled the call.

I agree with you that it was a dirty play, but dude gambled and won. Even he looked a little bit surprised about how the officials handled the call.

So if you're so offsides that everyone is stunned and doesn't blow a whistle you get to take a free shot on the kicker ? Yeah, that makes sense.

If a player blew across the line and nailed Russell Wilson without a whistle they'd take him off the field in cuffs.

Good, so let's help the Seahawks and the Patriots in one fell swoop.:squint:

Did I hear that refs make between $150 and $200k for this part-time gig that they execute inconsistently?

Back