• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially Official 2016/2017 Champions League Thread (NWT)

haha YES. dv embracing the HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF.

I'm Pulis' biggest defender on here, so this shouldn't be a surprise. Many ways to play the game. Beat what is in front of you.

And it is idiotic to not switch from one tactic to another if Plan A wasn't quite working for 2/3+ of the game.
Am I wrong?

DGvONvHXYAAyjvn.jpg

Sex.

Who did play well for Man United yesterday? Sat back and defended for large swaths of the match. Pogba put in 5 tackles which is a crazy number for him in most games. Different role yesterday. Don't think Jose got the tactics right with 3 at the back in the first half.

He's just not an elite player. He has flashes of brilliance, but that's about it. There's physical talent there, but watching him on the same field as somebody like Modric or Kroos and the chasm between them and him in terms of footballing IQ, discipline and control over a match is just enormous.

He'll have a few matches this season where he does something ludicrous and everyone will ooh and ahh, but he'll have twice as many more where he's utterly anonymous like he was last night.

Not my point.

My point was that vad said the following about Zlatan before the start of last season:
He's going to suck all season. The track record of 34 year old strikers who don't run much in the premier league is very ungood. He's going to be a fucking stationary statue, get benched and then be a huge distraction on the bench. It's going to be amazing.

Pogba scored 8 and assisted 12 in Serie A in the 2015/16 season. Writing him off so absolutely before this season starts is just so typically vad.

I guess just saying "Zlatan" wasn't enough said after all...

And Pogba is a 6'3" monster that moves like a ballerina. Crazy to write him off for this season after one game against the world's best midfield trio.

And Pogba is a 6'3" monster that moves like a ballerina. Crazy to write him off for this season after one game against the world's best midfield trio.

There's no question he's got immense physical skills. That's never, ever, ever been in question. Whether he's actually quick enough mentally, disciplined enough or even completely interested enough to use those skills to excel at the sport of association football is - especially at the pace of PL play.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see him go back to Italy in a couple of years. There's just something totally out of whack with him at United, and there's literally been about 200 total minutes of football so far in a red shirt where he's looked like he belongs.

Big day. If Liverpool can jump out to a four or five goal lead they will be happy to take a scoring draw back to Anfield.

Ze Germans are not to be underestimated. Wagner is a beast up top for Hoffenheim.

OMG I want something like this so bad

A huge 6mx3m screen was placed on the halfway line and he then used four cameras, two of them from adjacent towers, to watch the training session. When he spots something, he stops training, rewinds and plays the offending clip on the giant screen. “I have an iPad in my hand that I can use to control the cameras. When I stop a situation, I have the opportunity to draw my solutions and suggestions for improvement, all from the iPad,” he explained.

That's amazing.

OMG I want something like this so bad

A huge 6mx3m screen was placed on the halfway line and he then used four cameras, two of them from adjacent towers, to watch the training session. When he spots something, he stops training, rewinds and plays the offending clip on the giant screen. “I have an iPad in my hand that I can use to control the cameras. When I stop a situation, I have the opportunity to draw my solutions and suggestions for improvement, all from the iPad,” he explained.

That's amazing.

I read something about a robot they use that fires balls at the players from a close distance but tells them where it is coming a split second before it launches. They have to process from mind to body in a split second or something. Sounds like Assault from American Gladiators.

Liverpool going with an unchanged lineup from Watford.

Back