• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OGB Film Club, take 2! - George Washington

I just looked into the Louis Gossett Jr filmography, and I can't stop laughing about the fact that he followed up An Officer and a Gentleman with Jaws 3-D, Finders Keepers, and Enemy Mine.

At least nobody is going to make me watch Diggstown.

Movie pitch: Smokey and the Bandit-style teen comedy about road trip across state lines to get an abortion.

His best movie is maybe what Gone in 60 seconds and that is clearly carried by Cage while he plays a dumb cop that can’t figure out shit, the only film even remotely comparable to Iron Eagle is Broken Arrow and once again he’s so far removed to an amazing Christian Slater/John Travolta dynamic.

Join OGB’s movies club for more of this hard hitting analysis.

I might follow silently. Don't always have time to watch a movie that isn't family desired.

that trailer is so great. it's hard to remember that trailers once gave you some idea of what the movie plot might be

just curious - why is this limited to 15? I'm another who would like to participate but can't always commit

just curious - why is this limited to 15? I'm another who would like to participate but can't always commit
Seemed like a reasonable size to make sure everybody would participate and get to choose a movie.

His best movie is maybe what Gone in 60 seconds and that is clearly carried by Cage while he plays a dumb cop that can’t figure out shit, the only film even remotely comparable to Iron Eagle is Broken Arrow and once again he’s so far removed to an amazing Christian Slater/John Travolta dynamic.

Join OGB’s movies club for more of this hard hitting analysis.

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

I'm already thinking about which dogshit nostalgia movie I am going to make everyone watch so that we can celebrate my youth.

Kingdom of the Spiders?
Real Genius?
Killer Klowns from Outer Space?
Just One of the Guys?
Back to School?

The list goes on and on...

got it. do you object if some of us watch/follow along but forgo our right to choose a movie? trying to respect what you have going here.

I just looked into the Louis Gossett Jr filmography, and I can't stop laughing about the fact that he followed up An Officer and a Gentleman with Jaws 3-D, Finders Keepers, and Enemy Mine.

At least nobody is going to make me watch Diggstown.
We used to go scrape the dollar bin at like, Office Depot and find the most ridiculous movies and watch them at Crowne Oaks in college. One highlight was Solar Attack: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Attack

Lou was very good.

Back