• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old School Nintendo Game Thread - Game Open - Day 123 Ends at 1:30 PM EST

Just wanted to apologise for my poor play and I'll go into retirement now again

Nah. You locked it down in the end.

I think we have all been there where we try to do something and get caught wiht pants down. But your trolling was excellent.

Why the shit were you doing hitting me maf 2? There were so many cleared civs, we had to keep killing them if either of us wanted to win.

You killed gouda, revenge was necessary

Thanks for running Tejas and DV7. I think if it were 19-6-6 or if there had been an indy it would have been a bit better balanced.

Our mafia powers were: godfather (with attached hunter, obviously), watcher, goon, one-time vig from a player (northern) who had to get called out and try to start a lynch mob by his teammate by night three (ryala). And then the potential of landing Bowser.

That being said I dont know why people bought Rommys message from grave so willingly, or Manning. Quite a few civs that lied about roles. But hey, civs pulled it together in end

Literally Day 2 I told the others in mafia chat that you could not be alive in the end game or it was over. You had enough heat on you to prevent a night hit then you started clearing me.

Oh well. Fun game.
I knew in that last round I was responsible for both you and manning staying alive. But I also knew I was very wrong about one of you.

Thanks for running Tejas and DV7. I think if it were 19-6-6 or if there had been an indy it would have been a bit better balanced.

Our mafia powers were: godfather (with attached hunter, obviously), watcher, goon, one-time vig from a player (northern) who had to get called out and try to start a lynch mob by his teammate by night three (ryala). And then the potential of landing Bowser.

Yeah I think this is right

We had GF, tracker, one-time vig, and doof and I had to vote for each other at some point as goons

You did not play poorly, just don't lie about your role. You actually played really well.

Also I am fully aware that this is the typical jhawk retirement post after every game. Just wanted to say the above anyway.

This. I had to hammer you for your play if I wanted any chance but realistically you did fine and I definitely knew what you were doing (in a sloppy way) but purposely misrepresented it in the game thread.

The thing about Manning is if anyone else does that, they get lynched immediately.

With Manning, it’s “oh, it’s just Manning.” That’s not right.

That being said I dont know why people bought Rommys message from grave so willingly, or Manning. Quite a few civs that lied about roles. But hey, civs pulled it together in end

Yeah I don't get the continued lying but like I said...results oriented it was great...process wise...yikes.

I will be claiming absurd roles D1 in all foreseeable games and make you all decide whether I'm lying or not.

We had GF, tracker, one-time vig, and doof and I had to vote for each other at some point as goons

Yeah I think we should've gotten a power for successfully accomplishing a task like civs did. Or another vig hit a piece? It felt imbalanced as the game was playing out for sure. The gunsmith plus masons plus cop and backup cop made it feel a bit...rough from a mafia perspective.

I thought almost everybody, myself included, played pretty poorly.

Nonny was clutch, tic was really good too (sans his incorrect reads on me that ultimately led to the right decision to lynch me).

To be fair didn't we end the game on something like 5 out of 6 mafia lynches? Maybe even 6 out of 7?

Yeah I think we should've gotten a power for successfully accomplishing a task like civs did. Or another vig hit a piece? It felt imbalanced as the game was playing out for sure. The gunsmith plus masons plus cop and backup cop made it feel a bit...rough from a mafia perspective.

Mako was the mafia MVP for sure for his guns. 3 civs were killed with those.

To be fair didn't we end the game on something like 5 out of 6 mafia lynches? Maybe even 6 out of 7?

To me it seemed as if there were one or two civs too many that had a decently easy time proving their civ status (in addition to most people in the game blatantly ignoring some people's ridiculous claims which allowed others to skate)

Back