• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old School Nintendo Game Thread - Game Open - Day 123 Ends at 1:30 PM EST

to be clear, parlay and qt nailed all of their investigations too. parlay hit 2 mafia (and 1 night she died) qt hit 1 (and 1 night she died). Parlay also cleared rommy, who had a role that im sure civs would have lynched if they knew

To me it seemed as if there were one or two civs too many that had a decently easy time proving their civ status (in addition to most people in the game blatantly ignoring some people's ridiculous claims which allowed others to skate)
I think that's fair and definitely helped with the lynches. A lot of people were able to get cleared.

I think it would have been great for PH and Redwing's role if they were not allowed to talk about making an OT switch until after the successfully completed their second one.

One thing that I really dislike, and maybe it's because I've been mafia all three games i've played this season, is when somebody says "their tone is off".

Multiple people said that about Gooner (before everybody inexplicably bought Rommy's claim about receiving messages from the game without questioning it at all), and provided no posts or voting to back it up. When he asked back "show me proof", more people piled on.

to be clear, parlay and qt nailed all of their investigations too. parlay hit 2 mafia (and 1 night she died) qt hit 1 (and 1 night she died). Parlay also cleared rommy, who had a role that im sure civs would have lynched if they knew

My only good play of the game was helping identify QT as a special role since she kept harping on other people "clearing specials"

Also, please no one make a claim of not knowing your role before playing anymore. Even if it is an effective strategy that some might use (without announcing it), it's kinda bad to announce it and try to use that as a means of gameplay.

I think that's fair and definitely helped with the lynches. A lot of people were able to get cleared.

I think it would have been great for PH and Redwing's role if they were not allowed to talk about making an OT switch until after the successfully completed their second one.

Yes there were a few roles in hindsight that needed more restrictions around them

Yeah this is what I was going for. In hindsight I probably just claim generic watcher to survive day one and eat the potential cop investigation coming out a couple days in advance. I had Doofus' last game on my mind...and will now have this one on my mind too.

I think I may have even made this exact post about you in the game when people were trying to guess why you didn't do anything day 1.

If i play again wait until I am mafia. this shit about to be lit

I’m not sure what the reaction is, but you’re a good player who probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

And you’re not mafia. You’re never mafia. Nobody but Gouda could remember a game when you were mafia. Gouda played that game on his Apple IIe.

I am 100% biased, but i think it's odd to have mafia goons have to complete a task or die. At least give a power to go along with that...especially with so many civs either being cleared, or knowing somebody else/being able to clear them.

We almost gave up after the 1:30 day yesterday because we thought it was statistically impossible to win with as many cleared civs as there were left.

Northern did a helluva job lasting as long as he did, but without the AA it was literally over.
Knight's AA was actually a bit helpful. He would have been a lynch candidate and definitely a vig kill before redwing.

btw during the game tejas messaged me saying I had 3 snakeskins now lmao this was during my ridiculous -ev role claiming over and over again. Once I fucked it up that bad I just started having fun with it.

I think I may have even made this exact post about you in the game when people were trying to guess why you didn't do anything day 1.

I almost just self-preserved right at the start of OT to beat Redwing to the punch since we had the first night kill.

Knight's AA was actually a bit helpful. He would have been a lynch candidate and definitely a vig kill before redwing.

Maybe it's my judgment as mafia, but there is like a 1% chance that a claimed D1 miller is mafia. The only 1% is because it's Knight and he can't play the game without engaging in poetic self-fellatio

I am 100% biased, but i think it's odd to have mafia goons have to complete a task or die. At least give a power to go along with that...especially with so many civs either being cleared, or knowing somebody else/being able to clear them.

meh. I like creating roles (both civ and mafia) that force action and different gameplay

You all just needed 19-6-6 or an indy

One thing that I really dislike, and maybe it's because I've been mafia all three games i've played this season, is when somebody says "their tone is off".

Multiple people said that about Gooner (before everybody inexplicably bought Rommy's claim about receiving messages from the game without questioning it at all), and provided no posts or voting to back it up. When he asked back "show me proof", more people piled on.

I have been "off" for multiple games now so hopefully it's considered the new "on"

Agree, Knight being AA'ed probably helped the civs out some. The only way it would have worked out for the mafia is Nonny managed to get lynched the last day and Tim got AA'ed himself.

I’m not sure what the reaction is, but you’re a good player who probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

And you’re not mafia. You’re never mafia. Nobody but Gouda could remember a game when you were mafia. Gouda played that game on his Apple IIe.

seriously, I am never mafia and 90% of the time im a vanilla civ.

It also made me scratch my head when people said to me "Doofus was acting differently than he was last game, so he must be mafia this game". Uh yeah, I was mafia last game too.

I would love if we would expect more from people as far as evidence "show me proof that he is acting oddly, what post #" instead of letting people skate by on "yeah his tone is weird, let's lynch him".

Back