• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old School Nintendo Mafia - CIVS WIN!

MNHammer

Reaction score
1.) NEVER edit a post. Editing = Death. Deleting = Editing.

2.) If you miss two votes, you die, regardless of your role. DO NOT MISS A VOTE. PERIOD. If you know you are going to be gone, or if there is a chance you might be gone, you can PM/email me with your desired vote ahead of time.

3.) No posting at "night." If you violate this, I reserve the right to admin assassinate you. End of discussion.

4.) Vote by typing a player name in BOLD in your post, e.g.: I think SMILEY is mafia. If you later want to change your vote, DO NOT EDIT (see rule 1). Make a new post that says "switching from SMILEY to FREDTERP." Short names are fine (such as Smiley instead of MisterSmiley), but posting names in some other cryptic fashion (say, backwards?) isn't cool, and won't count. TO BOLD: [ b ] Words [ / b ]. Obviously, take the spaces out.

5.) Votes count through the end of the deadline minute. Timestamps of 10:00 count; timestamps of 10:01 do not.

6.) NO POSTING OR DISCUSSION OF PMs and/or emails, ever. You can't say "look, here is proof I am the angel, this is the PM/email from Smiley," etc. You will immediately be admin assassinated. SERIOUSLY, DO NOT EVEN SAY "PM" IN YOUR POST EVER

7.) If the lynch vote is tied at the deadline, there will be a 15 minute overtime. If the tie is not broken during OT, the last person put into the tie will die.

8.) You cannot vote for yourself, and there is no such thing as an active no-vote at the conclusion of a round. You can "switch to no vote" during a round, but you must switch again submitting a name before the round ends or it will be considered a “missed vote” for purposes of elimination.

9.) Majority lynches go into effect when I see them with a fifteen-minute grace period. That is, if I see a majority I will post that a majority has been noted and if there is still a majority fifteen minutes after my post I will call night. NO MAJORITY LYNCHES WILL BE CALLED WITH FIVE OR LESS PLAYERS REMAINING

10.) Specials with night moves have until 15 minutes after the night is called to send me their moves.

11.) Everybody should have received a PM. Let me know if you did not. You can reveal what your role is unless it is noted in the PM.

12.) I will inevitably screw something up. I will apologize. You will deal with it. We will move on and try to enjoy this game.

13.) Unless noted in your PM, you can reveal anything you want about your character. Be careful, there could be someone who can use your information to hurt your team.

14.) Players should not give other players positive or negative rep for comments or actions in this thread.

This game, the characters are not aligned that evil characters are mafia and heroes are civs. I made it random to allow people to come out with their roles and not worry about fake roles like the game on the Terp board.

Deadlines will be 10:30AM, 2PM & 4:30PM Eastern.

Last edited:
ROLES:

Mafia 1 - 5 players

PHDeac - Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer
You and your buddy were very strong at fighting the Red Falcon Organization, especially with the Konami Code. You have now turned to the dark side. You can communicate with your buddy Scorpion, but he will not know that you are mafia, so be careful with what you tell him.

09deaconX - Koopa Troopa
A former follower of Bowser, you have decided to follow Mario now that he has turned evil. You cannot vote for Bowser, and if you have a vote on him at the end of a day, you will be killed.

Chic - Gannon
The big monster of the Zelda series, you loved capturing Zelda and battling Link. In this game you have been given a vig hit. You can use this on a night when your mafia does not have a night hit.

DeacsFan27 - Mario - Godfather
A heel turn more notorious than Hollywood Hogan joining the Outsiders, you are the head of Mafia 1. You are invisible to any cop investigations, but there is one person searching for you (from your past). They do not know Mario is the godfather, but they can investigate you at night.

Skins - Zelda
You are on the same mafia as Gannon, but you still don’t completely trust him. You must try to start a run up on Gannon during the first three days. PM me when you have posted it (with post number if possible) and I will let you know if it counts.

Mafia 2 - 6 players

KnightatWake _ QB Eagles
A star of Tecmo Super Bowl, you are Randall Cunningham, except you cannot be named that. In this game you are the mafia godfather (because what is more evil than Philadelphia sports?). There is one character searching for the godfather, but they do not know your role. However, be careful in revealing your character.

Keystone - Solid Snake
Solid Snake is a trained killer. With all of your special forces training, you have been given the ability to kill one player at night. However, all of your combat experience has caused you to embrace the dark side and join Mafia 2. You can use this vig hit any night that your mafia does not have a night hit.

redwing - Lance "Scorpion" Bean
You and your buddy were very strong at fighting the Red Falcon Organization, especially with the Konami Code. You have now turned to the dark side. You can communicate with your buddy Mad Dog, but he will not know that you are mafia, so be careful with what you tell him.

DeaconCider - Dr. Wily
The Evil Deacon - Mega Man
You two were sworn enemies throughout the Mega Man series, but you are now teammates. However, you two still do not trust each other. Because of this, you must have your vote on each other at the end of two different days. If one of you is killed before Night 4, you will only need one day instead of two.

Bowser - DiegoTiger
A big powerful villain, you are now on the good side and want to help the heroes to victory. However, you are wary of the fellow civs. If you are voted out, it will be read that the lynch has failed and you are still in the game. You will join the Mafia team that had fewer people vote for you. If those numbers are equal, you will join the mafia team that does not have the night hit that night, but will only be told the name of the Mafia godfather (or top remaining mafia member if the godfather is dead) and not be able to communicate with them. The mafia will know that you have joined their team.

20 civilians

7erps - Battletoad Rash
You and your brothers were the stars of possibly the most difficult game on the NES. Because you worked together, you were able to prevail over the Dark Queen. You and your brother are going to work together in this mafia game, being able to communicate outside of the game and protecting the civs. You cannot protect yourselves, but can protect your brother.

Bernie - Simon Belmont
You are hunting mafia members like you usually hunt Dracula. You have been given a night hit to use during any night to take out one dracula, i.e. enemy.

Boston - Battletoad Zitz
You and your brothers were the stars of possibly the most difficult game on the NES. Because you worked together, you were able to prevail over the Dark Queen. You and your brother are going to work together in this mafia game, being able to communicate outside of the game and protecting the civs. You cannot protect yourselves, but can protect your brother.

Captain Awesome - Kid Icarus
Icarus was a bit of risk taker (I know, mythology one not the game). Because of this, when you finish the end of the day in a tie, you will be spared and the other person will be killed. If multiple people are in the tie, they will go to overtime and you will be excluded. You can reveal your character but not this role.

Cdeacman - Hammer Bros
A big powerful villain (or villains), you have joined the good side and want to help the heroes win. You have been given the power to role block one person each night. They will not be able to perform their normal roles. You do not need to use this power every night, but you can skip using it only two different nights.

Da Deacs - Mike Tyson
You want to be known as the most famous sports character in Nintendo gaming, and you are still upset that they replaced you in the Punch Out series. To help redeem yourself, you are searching for the godfather of Mafia 2. You will get one investigation a night to find the godfather.

DDeac08 - Mike Jones (StarTropics)
You used your uncle’s scientific knowledge to help the people on C-Island. You now have the power to investigate one group of people who voted someone off two times. With these investigations, you will be told how many mafia members were involved in the vote (including the godfathers).

Dented - Donkey Kong
This time you have decided to help the good guys, but you really want to protect your sidekick, Diddy Kong. When he is revealed, you must defend him once a day. If he is lynched, you will kill at random one person who voted for him (and if he dies in overtime, you will also kill the person who broke the tie to kill him). You can reveal your character, but not your role or that Diddy Kong is in the game. If you mention Diddy Kong before he is revealed, you will both die.

dv7 - Yoshi
In Super Mario World 2 (Yoshi’s Island), you rescued Baby Mario repeatedly and were the hero of the game. In this game, you are aware who Baby Mario is, but you cannot reveal this fact. You can reveal your character, but make up your own role to defend yourself.

Eagles - Link
You are Link, and you have connections with two fellow characters in the game. If you are able to break a tie in overtime, you will be given the identities of Zelda & Gannon. If you can break a second tie in overtime, you will be told the alignment of either Zelda or Gannon (your choice).

Hal - Princess Peach
The helpless victim in several Mario games, you have been given an important power in this game. At the end of each day, you will be given the option to pardon the lynched person and keep them alive. You may pardon three people during the game and must let me know within 10 minutes of when I call Night.

Hoophead - Baby Mario
You were the loud mouthed baby of Super Mario World 2 (or more appropriately named Yoshi’s Island). When Yoshi would lose you, you would cry and scream to be rescued. In this game, the first time you get three votes on you, you must complain about it in at least two posts and then not post again until someone defends you and calls you a civ (or something similar).

Nonny - Luigi - Cop
Ready to step out of your brother’s shadow, you get the centerpiece role for the good guys. You will get one investigation each night and will receive an answer of mafia or not mafia. One member of each mafia team will be invisible to you.

Northern - Diddy Kong
A little monkey that can jump all over the place, you will use these abilities to spy on people. At the end of each day, you will be able to send me one post from any character that day and I will tell you if they are telling the truth or lying. You can reveal your character but not this role (or hint at it), just be persuasive when you get some good information.

NoVa - Fox McCloud
Leader of the Star Fox team, you are an ace pilot. In this game you will use your fighter pilot abilities to shoot down one enemy at night. You will get a vig hit you can use any night.

RHTBG - Samus - Deputy
You are acting as the backup cop. If the cop dies, you get one investigation each night and will receive an answer of mafia or not mafia. One member of each mafia team will be invisible to you.

SD3 - Ryu (Ninja Gaiden)
A ninja is to be neither seen nor heard. Because of this, you will limited to posting five times a day for the first five days, excluding posts where you just post a vote.

Smoove - Wario
The villain in several of Mario’s games, you are in actuality a strong guy who wants to help people out. You are searching for the godfather of Mafia 1. This character will have been in a game with Wario (and I’m not counting the sports games). You will get one investigation a night to find the godfather.

TBDeac - Orpheus
You were the star of Battle of Olympus, and you collected snake skins to help you on your journey. In this game, you will get one snake skin for each night you stay alive and one extra snake skin for when you help vote a mafia member out (but you do not get credit if a cop reveals his investigation that leads to a lynching).

Wake4Me4Life - Toad
In Super Mario Bros, Mario found you at the end of seven different castle levels when he was looking for the Princess. Similar to this confusion, you will come back as mafia if you are investigated by the cop.

Mafia 1 will be represented by Carolina blue in write ups, and Mafia 2 by red. Regular civs will be in black letters and special civs in gold letters.

I will reveal characters as the players die. Some of the roles will be hidden until the end of the game but others will be posted after the player dies.

Last edited:
Player List
DDeac08 - Mike Jones - Survived
PHDeac - Mad Dog - Lynched Day 13
Screamindeacon3 - Ryu - Survived

09deaconX - Koopa Troopa - Admin Assassinated Day 4
7erps - Rash - Mafia 2 Night Hit 6
AnonymousDeac - Luigi - Vig Hit Night 4
bernbp5 - Simon Belmont - Lynched Day 3
BostonDeac - Battletoad Zitz - Lynched Day 11
CaptainAwesome - Kid Icarus - Vig Hit Night 2
Cdeac - Hammer Bros - Mafia 1 Hit Night 3
ChicdeaC - Gannon - Lynched Day 6
DaDeacs - Mike Tyson - Lynched Day 2
DeaconCider - Dr. Wily/Mafia 2 - Lynched Day 8
DeacsFan27 - Mario/Mafia 1 - Lynched Day 7
deacvision7 - Yoshi - Killed by Mafia 2 Night 10
Dented - Donkey Kong - Killed by Mafia 1 Night 12
DiegoTiger - Bowser/Mafia 2 - Killed by Mafia 1 Night 1
Eagles - Link - Vig Hit Night 3
HalIncandenza - Princess Peach - Killed by Mafia 2 Night 8
HoopheadVII - Baby Mario - Killed by Mafia 1 Night 9
KeystoneDeac10 - Solid Snake - Killed by Mafia 1 Night 11
KnightatWake - QB Eagles - Lynched Day 12
NorthernDeac - Diddy Kong - Mafia 1 Hit Night 7
NoVaDeac - Fox McCloud - Lynched Day 5
redwing42 - Lance "Scorpion" Bean - Lynched Day 9
RHTB&G - Samus - Hit by Mafia 2 Night 2
SkinsTerps - Zelda - Lynched Day 10
SmooveDeac - Wario - Lynched Day 4
TBDeac - Orpheus - Hit by Mafia 2 Night 4
The Evil Deacon - Mega Man - Hit by Mafia 1 Night 5
Wake4Me4Life - Toad - Admin Killed Day 3

Last edited:
I'm assuming we can vote now.

This is aimed @TexasHammer...I'm known as Doofus around here, so if/when people vote for me, that is who it is referencing.

Also we allow votes like this ***poster*** for people posting by phone.

These two names are gonna confuse me:

DaDeacs08
DDeac08

So, one's got to go. Coinflip says:

DaDeacs08

Already had my vote in on the signup thread, but just to make it official: Eagles

These two names are gonna confuse me:

DaDeacs08
DDeac08

So, one's got to go. Coinflip says:

DaDeacs08

Fuck me. I didn't even notice that. Yeah, that's gotta get sorted. And since I have a good feeling that you are good I'll go along with your game.

Switch from PhDeac to DaDeacs08

Current Vote Count:

Diego (2) - DeacsFan27, Hal
DaDeacs08 (2) - dv7, Hoophead
NoVa (1) - Eagles
TED (1) - DeaconCider
Eagles (1) - redwing
DeaconCider (1) - 7erps
Knight (1) - Nonny
Hoophead (1) - Keystone

Yet To Vote (21) - 09deaconX, bernie, Boston, Captain, Cdeac, Chic, DaDeacs08, DDeac08, Dented, Diego, Knight, Northern, NoVa, PHDeac, RHTBG, SD3, Skins, Smoove, TBDeac, TED, Wake4me

If anybody has nicknames that would prefer (or people will call them), PM me and I can change up the vote counts.

There have been some interesting rationalizations already made so far for it to be the first round.

Back