• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

For the last few months my parents had been looking at vacation properties. Looking at Emerald Isle and OBX, and also Lake Anna, and a couple other options. They decided on a Lake Anna house and are closing September 21. I just texted them today basically saying the same thing...aren't you glad you decided on lake over beach?

I'm pretty sure my property value is going to go up after this storm, or the next one, destroys the outer banks. That's if the sea level rise doesn't do them in first. The lake is the place to be in the era of climate change.

I'm pretty sure my property value is going to go up after this storm, or the next one, destroys the outer banks. That's if the sea level rise doesn't do them in first. The lake is the place to be in the era of climate change.

Lakes go dry...just a heads up.

Good chance Florence will become the northernmost Category 5 in recorded history in the next day or so. Luckily it's not really expected to maintain that strength through landfall.

DependableLegitimateJaguarundi-size_restricted.gif

I would expect 30+ inches of rain in central NC and southern VA to have some significant effects on lakes and rivers in the area

I second those vibes. My lake life living has been amaze.

When was the last time a strong hurricane just barreled through central NC? Fran in '96? Seems like they almost always curve off to the NE before/at/after landfall. Some models even now have it hitting close to Hatteras, which would be much better for the state (and Deacs football game).

I would expect 30+ inches of rain in central NC and southern VA to have some significant effects on lakes and rivers in the area

obviously, but the lake can only rise so much - the dam has spillways that will manage it. The bigger risk is to the riverside properties downstream. I am a little worried about my boat #firstworldproblems #humblebrag

except that as lakes get warmer due to climate change, this happens

Seeing two new developments: 1. Initial wind measurements of category 5 strength
2. Landfall prediction moving northward to Cape Hatteras.

Speaking of hurricans...wakeandbake's dad allowed us to play rock music in the Reynolda Hall Lounge fairly loudly. We'd go back on the patio and smoke some pot. I got a TERRIFIC standing O at graduation. I almost kicked BOB DYLAN in the face climbing over a rail into my seat in Charlotte.

Back