• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

Been in SW Florida since Tuesday going from Bradenton to Fort Meyers to Fort Meyers Beach to Port Charlotte and back to Fort Meyers and shit I saw today is something I have never seen in my 19 years in the military and hope I never see again. Been eating MRE's since Tuesday, got my first hot shower last night and its currently being discussed whether teams and equipment from my unit are getting moved to Sanibel by barge or Chinook Tomorrow/Monday morning. And now the waters rising in Port Charlotte.

Been in SW Florida since Tuesday going from Bradenton to Fort Meyers to Fort Meyers Beach to Port Charlotte and back to Fort Meyers and shit I saw today is something I have never seen in my 19 years in the military and hope I never see again. Been eating MRE's since Tuesday, got my first hot shower last night and its currently being discussed whether teams and equipment from my unit are getting moved to Sanibel by barge or Chinook Tomorrow/Monday morning. And now the waters rising in Port Charlotte.
Despite all of the devastation in the area, one community near Fort Myers did great - and it's the brainchild of former Wake football player Syd Kitson:

That link isn’t working.

Despite all of the devastation in the area, one community near Fort Myers did great - and it's the brainchild of former Wake football player Syd Kitson:

There was a segment of this on 60 Minutes Sunday evening. This whole community totally withstood the hurricane and they were sipping wine and having picnics outside a day later as if nothing had happened. They are powered by a solar field that is 440+ acres. Its pretty amazing. Link below:

Back