• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

coming to you live from the Action69 Diggler Weather Desk, the rain has picked up over the last 30 minutes and it's blowing at approximately a 45 degree angle at the moment, so I'm upgrading this storm to 1/2 % milk. Stay with us here at Action69 Weather where we keep you and your family safe.

coming to you live from the Action69 Diggler Weather Desk, the rain has picked up over the last 30 minutes and it's blowing at approximately a 45 degree angle at the moment, so I'm upgrading this storm to 1/2 % milk. Stay with us here at Action69 Weather where we keep you and your family safe.
you're giving us the milk but what about the bread? that's like people only focusing on the wind when everyone knows the surge can often be the bigger issue. sure, it's not the sexier metric, but it's important.

Sounds like Pawley's is getting slammed. Is the racist pimento cheese magnate who owns the Sea View Inn still the mayor?

Sounds like Pawley's is getting slammed. Is the racist pimento cheese magnate who owns the Sea View Inn still the mayor?
They lost part of their pier, as did Apache Pier. Wind is howling here right now, just had something fall on the roof of my mom's porch. Hope that is the worst of it!

It’s been pouring basically all day in the Triangle and looks like that will continue for a good while still. Wind has definitely picked up pretty consistently in the 25-30 range in the afternoon. Hopefully that’s the worst of it. Lots of little debris scattered around but no big limbs or trees down that I’ve seen driving around (yet).

Massive oak tree down in my friend's yard already. Definitely seems like we've seen some 40+ MPH gusts at our house in the last couple hours. Quite impressive this far inland. Seems like it would have been pretty dumb/unsafe to have a bunch of buses (or even commuters) driving around in this.

I'm fixing to leave the office and go home. Fewer cars than normal on Providence Road it looks like.

Back