• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

Could Dortch be back for a bowl game?

Pinstripe Bowl Pinstripe Bowl Pinstripe Bowl. Deacs in the Bronx!

Hoping for the Taxslayer Bowl in J'ville vs LSU or Michigan.

This is what I see as the most to least likely destination for the Deacs-

Belk Bowl- Charlotte
Music City Bowl-Nashville
Independence Bowl-Shreveport
Sun Bowl-El Paso
Quick Lane Bowl-Detroit
Military Bowl-Annapolis
Pin Stripe Bowl- The Bronx
Camping World Bowl-Orlando
Tax Slayer Bowl-Jacksonville

This is what I see as the most to least likely destination for the Deacs-

Belk Bowl- Charlotte
Music City Bowl-Nashville
Independence Bowl-Shreveport
Sun Bowl-El Paso
Quick Lane Bowl-Detroit
Military Bowl-Annapolis
Pin Stripe Bowl- The Bronx
Camping World Bowl-Orlando
Tax Slayer Bowl-Jacksonville

I can't really see us falling as far as Shreveport or Detroit. Or probably the Mil Bowl. Good chance Clemson, Miami and ND are all involved in the CFP/New Year's Six, and Duke, Pitt, UNC and cuse all looking likely to not be eligible. I'd rank those three last

Charlotte seems reasonable. Of course this will be the year I'm out of town

This. Shreveport is South Beach compared to El Paso.

El Paso may not be a great destination for fans, but the Sun Bowl is a good bowl with a lot of tradition and a fun match-up with the Pac-12.

Rent a car and turn it into a Southwest trip. Head to Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Go over to the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, and Sedona then head down to Phoenix.

Perhaps stating the obvious but Clemson and Miami both making the CFP would be fantastic for our bowl prospects.

If that happens I think we start to have a realistic shot at Orlando with two more wins

Last edited:
El Paso may not be a great destination for fans, but the Sun Bowl is a good bowl with a lot of tradition and a fun match-up with the Pac-12.

Agree. I've been wishing WF could play in the Sun Bowl for years.

Perhaps stating the obvious but Clemson and Miami both making the CFP would be fantastic for our bowl prospects.

If that happens I think we start to have a realistic shot at Orlando with two more wins

You think Clemson knocking off an unbeaten Miami in the ACCCG would make that a possibility? That would be quite a turnabout for the committee, who was refusing to even acknowledge Miami's unbeaten record with a decent ranking only 2 weeks ago.

It looks like there could be a shit-load of ACC teams with 6 wins.

You think Clemson knocking off an unbeaten Miami in the ACCCG would make that a possibility? That would be quite a turnabout for the committee, who was refusing to even acknowledge Miami's unbeaten record with a decent ranking only 2 weeks ago.

It would have to play out a particular way for sure. But if Bama runs the table and Ohio State beats Wisconsin in the Big Ten CG, and Miami only loses to Clem, I'm not sure who else they would take in addition to Bama, Clem and OU (if they wind up with 1 loss). Tonight will resonate

Back