• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Toll lanes built by private companies with 50-year contracts represent a complete abdication of responsibility by the state government that controls federal highway funds.
P3s or public private partnerships are excellent examples of government and private industry working together for the betterment of the public. Sometimes governments are unable to fulfill their obligations to their constituents due restraints, in these instances private organizations can step in and help, and in stepping in deserve recompense.

I wrote a paper on this subject.

I agree re: Clear. There are certain things the government should handle. This is one of them.

I’m in favor of an even more expedited lane for a higher fee. Pre pre check if you will

It just makes sense to have an expedited line for frequent travelers. They’ve been vetted plenty of times. It’s unlikely much has changed. And if they have their own line, we can focus more national security resources on less frequent travelers.

It should be automatically awarded after people reach a certain pace of travel (like once a month) and revoked when it slows down.

It just makes sense to have an expedited line for frequent travelers. They’ve been vetted plenty of times. It’s unlikely much has changed. And if they have their own line, we can focus more national security resources on less frequent travelers.

It should be automatically awarded after people reach a certain pace of travel (like once a month) and revoked when it slows down.
Automatically awarded doesn’t allow the government to gain revenue. Charge for it. The people that want it or need it won’t mind paying for it.

Ph out here thinking those terrorists trying to kill us wont play the long game of traveling a lot before they strike! Hell Cav is flying just to get Delta’s shitty Platinum status.

lol what

i mean do frequent travelers provide some sort of benefit to society at large simply because they travel frequently?

lol what

i mean do frequent travelers provide some sort of benefit to society at large simply because they travel frequently?
We at least know how to get through a TSA checkpoint in no time. I get sick and tired of seeing all these people that have PreCheck but still need to take off all their jewelry, etc slowing things down and wasting time. A regular frequent flyer doesn’t need to do any of that since we know what to expect and are ready for it.

An
aren't you guys paying less for the services rendered, though, via FF programs and less checked baggage...?
And we make up for it given that we aren’t booking travel two months out. I’d say this year my average advanced purchase for flights was maybe a week before departure. Closer in, the more you pay.

why do some airports require you to remove your laptop even if you have precheck and others don’t?

lol what

No. Where do you get that idea from my post?

why do some airports require you to remove your laptop even if you have precheck and others don’t?
I only have had to remove a laptop in the past when I was traveling with multiple laptops.

However, now that most airports I go through have the (slow as hell) MRI type imaging machines, I've been keeping both my laptops in my briefcase for some time now.

Back