• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On this thread we collect all the UNC excuses from Saturday

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
I thought a fun way to enjoy this week would be to collect all the ridiculous excuses we have heard from Tarhole "fans" this week, either from friends or other boards. Please feel free to add to it. Here are some of my favorites:

"We looked past WF to UL while Wake had this game circled all summer."
So basically your coaches overlooked your first conference game (on the road) against a coach who owns you this century? We'll keep our coach, thanks!

Just saw this brand new on IC. Really???
Posted: Today 11:59 AM
Re: Glass half-full point of view
...by 1 point, on the road, in a conference game.

BTW, I have always thought that any kind delay during a game, like the 1-hour+ storm delay on Sat, seems to benefit the underdog team. Don't know why, it just does.

"Jim Grobe is a dirty coach"
Jim says "enjoy probation."

Others? I know there are TONS...

Team was tired from their endeavors with Mrs. Hansbrough.

6743422_600x338.jpg

Bryn Renner should've been taken out due to a concussion. (Except when that argument becomes inconvenient because it means they have to disagree with their own coach's "wind knocked out" explanation.

And of course, Gio Bernard.

The game was Wake's super bowl, while UNC was overlooking us due to Louisville next week.

Wake was holding on every play

The hit on Renner was illegal.

didn't you hear that Grobe did nothing but watch tape from the Southern Miss game over the summer? we obviously cared more about winning this game than they did.

(along with the "Superbowl" comments, i don't understand why you would use the other team caring more as an excuse for losing a game. i'd be pissed if i thought my coaches and players didn't care more about the game than the other team: see the Vanderbilt game last year)

LOL, really?

I don't know how to post pics but that is a bad shot. She isn't that bad looking in some of the others I've seen posted. Let's debate this on another thread and stick to making fun of Carolina fans here...

all those WF players faking injuries to slow down the rapid-fire Fed Spread was a killer

Back