• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On to Boston College

We tailgated at Cityside last time it was there. It's beside the Cleveland Circle T stop. Then you walk around the reservoir to get to the game.

We tailgated at Cityside last time it was there. It's beside the Cleveland Circle T stop. Then you walk around the reservoir to get to the game.

This is what I did before the basketball game. It's probably about a 20-25 minute walk around the reservoir IIRC.

I don't remember there being a lot of bars around the area at all though. I would imagine the Cityside is gonna be packed.

You can go to Mary Ann's after the game if you want to get in a fight with a BC football player.

As for transit, B line will net you the shortest walk from the Boston College station. It has tons of stops though.

C line would take you to Cleveland Circle (terminus) and would probably take the least time from Boston, but does have a longer walk. It is an easy walk though, go to reservoir and walk clockwise. 20 minutes is probably right, less if you have a little pep in your step.

If you're coming from Riverside (D line), which is the station I suggest to people coming in from out of town, then you'd get off at Reservoir and have the same hike you would from Cleveland Circle above. Alternatively you could walk from Chestnut Hill stop and save a little time, but with a more adventurous walk (through residential area)

Last edited:
Dress warmly kids... temp around 60 at kickoff, dropping into 50s during game.

Any chance we break out the new white helmet for this game? I know not everyone on here is fond of the all white uni, but seeing as this will be on ESPN2, why not break it out?

It makes me sad that our only game we may get a decent audience we'll probably be wearing all-whites.

Any chance we break out the new white helmet for this game? I know not everyone on here is fond of the all white uni, but seeing as this will be on ESPN2, why not break it out?

Yep- Grobe himself even hinted on his radio show last night that we will be wearing our "white away uni's" at BC and to tune-in for the new-look helmet.

He also said that he himself preferred the white helmet with the large deacon head logo on one side and the WF logo on the other, but RW nixed it for the traditional WF logos on both sides of the helmet.

Yep- Grobe himself even hinted on his radio show last night that we will be wearing our "white away uni's" at BC and to tune-in for the new-look helmet.

He also said that he himself preferred the white helmet with the large deacon head logo on one side and the WF logo on the other, but RW nixed it for the traditional WF logos on both sides of the helmet.

Ron sucks a fat one

What an asshat Wellman is. God forbid the kids get to wear something flashy and cool.

Grobe publicly disagreed with Wellman? He better watch his back.

What an asshat Wellman is. God forbid the kids get to wear something flashy and cool.

Yep. I believe Wellman's exact words were "I'm the only big headed Deac around here".

Can we wear the white helmet with black or gold pants? No, right?

Factoid from ESPNs Heather Dinich: The Deacs are 5-5 vs BC the past 10 years and has a 241-238 scoring advantage. Safe travel to all who are heading to Beantown, I think we'll win by ten, 20-10.

is that Grobe quote true? the old man still has style, I loved that helmet

I heard from a solid source this week that by design we only used 1/3 of our playbook against Presby. Not something I necessarily agree with doing, but I'll be anxious to see if we open up the playbook against BC.

Back