• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On tonight's episode of Veep: Macron visits the White House

It's now between the 7th and 8th hole at Trump National (with a plaque noting its importance, of course.)

Is this true?

Macron's Gift Tree Gone From White House Lawn. Ambassador Says It's In Quarantine

An answer has finally emerged: The young tree, which had a plastic bag around its roots when it was planted, was removed prophylactically because of concerns about disease.

"It is in quarantine which is mandatory for any living organism imported to the US," French Ambassador Gérard Araud wrote on Twitter. "It will be replanted afterwards."

The White House has confirmed that the tree was "moved to a facility" and will be replanted as soon as possible, NPR's Scott Horsley reports. A White House official said the move was meant to "ensure the tree's long-term survival."

Araud added that the tree's roots were "carefully isolated" to prevent the spread of any diseases or parasites, and that its roots had been "enclosed in a plastic protection."

I guess that's how the Trump administration is treating any immigrants nowadays, even tree immigrants.

I guess that's how the Trump administration is treating any immigrants nowadays, even tree immigrants.

This tree quarantine is actually good policy. Invasive species are no joke. The Great American Chestnut was brought down by an invasive disease that stowed away on imported trees, and the Ash tree is currently under attack from the invasive emerald ash borer, an exotic insect that snuck across the ocean in wood shipments. It's actually pretty dumb to put the tree in the ground first and the quarantine it.

This tree quarantine is actually good policy. Invasive species are no joke. The Great American Chestnut was brought down by an invasive disease that stowed away on imported trees, and the Ash tree is currently under attack from the invasive emerald ash borer, an exotic insect that snuck across the ocean in wood shipments. It's actually pretty dumb to put the tree in the ground first and the quarantine it.

hmm...i guess only if they're from whatever the equivalent of a botanist 'shithole' country:

How the ‘Golden Age’ of Travel Transformed American Cuisine

I agree that it makes sense and I agree that perhaps the gift should have been given earlier and planted during the meeting after being quarantined.

Back