• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One gotta go

Here today gone tomorrow

• Total voters
Look at the picture. We're talking about fried chicken, on the bone, as a dish. Nuggets/sammies/tendies still fair game!

I am currently eating leftover ribs as I type this, but I feel like they would have to go.

I don't want to live in this world tho.

Point of clarification - are we only to consider these foods in the specific ways they're pictured here?

If we're only going by the words then most solid cuts of beef, tuna steaks, venison steaks, and stuff like carne asada are all gone. Same for chicken with tendies and samiches. All the variations and preps for ribs too.

If we're talking all fried chicken, then it's 100% ribs gone. If it's just the fried chicken dish itself, compared to all rib preparations, then it's fried chicken for sure. We live in a society. We need rules.

Fried chicken and ribs are 1a and 1b for me

The bones just impart so much flavor into the meat, and frying and slow cooking/smoking are objectively the tastiest cooking methods

Shrimps versatile

I once dug steaks but they’re a little one note

I was never a ribs guy and thought they were overrated based on mess/amount of meat, but had some bad ass ones at some greasy joint in Memphis last summer that gave me new perspective on shit. I've never really been a fried chicken person and can't eat that stuff now anyway, so that's what I went with.

Rack of lamb, galbi, any type of braised short rib. I don't think I can make that trade.

I don’t eat steak enough to keep it. When I make it, it’s good but not enough to eradicate a whole species (shrimp)to keep it.

I could eat a whole bucket of fried chicken right now or the equivalent quantity of ribs.

This poll would really benefit from a doofus/numbers option.

If someone told me now that I've had my last steak I honestly wouldn't care. It's been for a long long time I've considered steak over-rated, only really enjoying it when it's from a high end joint and that's not terribly frequent that I'm at a Ruth's Cris (or similar). I would miss the other 3 items though, even ribs, hell, especially ribs.

Back