• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One night in L.A.

DeaconOEF/OIFvet

Reaction score
Okay, so I will be in San Diego for Federal Certification training next week, and plan on spending a night (or possibly two) catching up with some old SoCal buds in LA.

I haven't been back to LA since I last lived over there in 2007, so my question is if there are any suggestions to anything new in the area worth checking out.

headed to socal in may. work in newport beach then probs stay in la through the weekend. will monitor this thread accordingly.

spend a few bucks and go to Hollywood and stay at Chateau Marmont or the Roosevelt and party with rock stars and report back to us

Call palma.......he's up that way.....if you were in OC you could give me a ring,

rj, i'll be in newport beach. let's haaaaaaaaang. i can teach you about statistics!

Let me know when you'll be here. Friday afternoon meatball sandwich and huge free drink. :)

Or another time.

I don't really know what's "new" although I should because I moved here right about the time you left. Different bars/clubs I guess?

RJ, I would love to buy you a beer.

Palma, bars/clubs suggestions would be great, along with any restaurant suggestions.

ETA: I laughed at the "federal jackoff training" tag. Out yourself for posrep!

Palma, bars/clubs suggestions would be great, along with any restaurant suggestions.

I just think most the spots I go are places that were around when you were living out here. Your best bet is just google best "x" (beer, wine, sushi, steakhouse) in los angeles and pick ones you haven't been to.

Thank you so much.

You could stop here on the way to LA. I'm about halfway.

Lucky you guys weren't here this weekend. It's been an off and on monsoon.

Is it just me or was that really not bad? I'm still trying to figure out why angelinos fear rain as much as they do...

Hmm... I might be going to OC this summer...

Serious moment - glad y'all finally got some rain. Was out there 3 weeks ago and it was bone dry. I'm worried about an ugly forest fire season.

Is it just me or was that really not bad? I'm still trying to figure out why angelinos fear rain as much as they do...

Take a look at what's going in the Valley. Entire neighborhoods have been evacuated. There are mudslides in many canyons and hills. Do you
pay any attention what's going on?

People here don't fear rain. They justifiably fear entire hills falling apart and mudslides that wipe out homes and streets.

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Back