• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One night in Montgomery, Alabama

Deadbolt

Reaction score
If you had one night in Montgomery, what would you do? Is there anything to do? I'm going tomorrow for one day.

drive to auburn or tuscaloosa? seriously montgomery is awful.

Yeah, I live in Alabama and everyone acknowledges that Montgomery is a huge shithole. I can't even think of a decent place to eat. If you're downtown, there was at one time a decent Thai place called Railroad Thai or something like that. Get out of Montgomery as soon as you can!

if i had one night in montgomery alabama, i would spend it driving away.

Alan Jackson had a night in Montgomery and he chose to go to a graveyard at Midnight and then leave. That pretty much sums up Montgomery.

5855.gif

this thread isn't nearly as fun as three nights in new orleans

The Thai place in the restored train station by Maxwell Air Force Base is a solid place to eat. The State Capitol is a check the box item, and I think the Hank Museum always got good reviews. The Zoo isn't a total waste of time. A lot of the casual, Generic-a style dining is either East of town (I want to say Exit 6 off of 85) or North of town and across the river in Millbrook. Tons of golf to play (they are exceptionally proud of the Robert Trent Jones trail) and some people spoke highly of the Alabama Shakespeare gimmick.

But yeah: Suck it up and take the one hour drive to Auburn...just leave the herbicide at home.

One of the worst places in the country. Drive to Auburn (40 minutes away), go to Sky Bar, go home with a hot SEC girl, or stay in a nearby hotel.

I feel like the topic should be the beginning of a Harv story.

Back