• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One night in Montgomery, Alabama

I lived in Montgomery while working on a campaign a few years back. There really isn't a whole lot to do, but anybody there will probably tell you to head to "The Alley." It's located in the heart of downtown across from the Montgomery Biscuits Stadium and has a few restaurants and The Alley Bar. The Alley Bar is practically the only bar in town, so that's where almost everyone I knew went. It randomly has an ice bar in it...so yeah...there is that. Pretty much the only restaurant I truly liked in Montgomery was Saza: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/225/1488271/restaurant/Sa-Za-Serious-Italian-Montgomery That review doesn't have a whole lot of good things to say about it, but I thought it was delicious and eat there every time I pass through. :noidea: If that's not your style, then there is a Dreamland BBQ in The Alley as well. Everyone always said "Jubilee" in Old Cloverdale was a really good seafood place, but I never got a chance to check it out. If you want a place to drink and listen to music, there is a little bar called 1048 in Old Cloverdale that has live music every night and usually stays open until the last person leaves.

All in all there aren't too many good things to say about Montgomery, but I figured I'd give it a shot. If nothing else, going to The Alley will allow you to pass through downtown Montgomery and realize for yourself that there really isn't a whole lot going on there.

Last edited:
Better than two nights. If you are a golfer and have the time, there is a nice RTJ Trail course nearby.

I lived in Montgomery while working on a campaign a few years back. There really isn't a whole lot to do, but anybody there will probably tell you to head to "The Alley." It's located in the heart of downtown across from the Montgomery Biscuits Stadium and has a few restaurants and The Alley Bar. The Alley Bar is practically the only bar in town, so that's where almost everyone I knew went. It randomly has an ice bar in it...so yeah...there is that. Pretty much the only restaurant I truly liked in Montgomery was Saza: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/225/1488271/restaurant/Sa-Za-Serious-Italian-Montgomery That review doesn't have a whole lot of good things to say about it, but I thought it was delicious and eat there every time I pass through. :noidea: If that's not your style, then there is a Dreamland BBQ in The Alley as well. Everyone always said "Jubilee" in Old Cloverdale was a really good seafood place, but I never got a chance to check it out. If you want a place to drink and listen to music, there is a little bar called 1048 in Old Cloverdale that has live music every night and usually stays open until the last person leaves.

All in all there aren't too many good things to say about Montgomery, but I figured I'd give it a shot. If nothing else, going to The Alley will allow you to pass through downtown Montgomery and realize for yourself that there really isn't a whole lot going on there.

Thanks man, that helps.

Get hammered and live-post the experience for the Pit's enjoyment.

Get hammered and live-post the experience for the Pit's enjoyment.

8:30 I just finished another beer. Rerun of Friends is over... I think I will watch Something about Raymond.

9:00 That makes a 6 pack! Time for Law and Order

10:00 Switched to Vodka! It's going to get crazy. Back to back Pawn stars! Chumley is hilarious.

11:00 Went downstairs and got some M&Ms. Might be time for some Pay per view. Alice in Funderland only $8.99.

11:07 Back to Friends. I am so drunk I might puke.

11:30 Going to hit the town.

11:55 OK I'm back. Sportscenter and a cold one. It doesn't get any better than this.

1:00 Sweet, you can watch a pay per view movie all you want for 24 hours bitches. That Alice is so hot.

1:04 Damn, they close the snack room at the front desk at 12. BULLSHIT!

2:15 OK.. A little nap and I am ready for some more! Family Guy FTW! Hank Hill's niece is hot!

8:30 I just finished another beer. Rerun of Friends is over... I think I will watch Something about Raymond.

9:00 That makes a 6 pack! Time for Law and Order

10:00 Switched to Vodka! It's going to get crazy. Back to back Pawn stars! Chumley is hilarious.

11:00 Went downstairs and got some M&Ms. Might be time for some Pay per view. Alice in Funderland only $8.99.

11:07 Back to Friends. I am so drunk I might puke.

11:30 Going to hit the town.

11:55 OK I'm back. Sportscenter and a cold one. It doesn't get any better than this.

1:00 Sweet, you can watch a pay per view movie all you want for 24 hours bitches. That Alice is so hot.

1:04 Damn, they close the snack room at the front desk at 12. BULLSHIT!

2:15 OK.. A little nap and I am ready for some more! Family Guy FTW! Hank Hill's niece is hot!

I've never longed for NC like I do now.

Back