• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One of the Most “Wake Foresty” Wake Forest Moments of All Time

DeacDaddy

Hoping Against Hope
Reaction score
Ranked in the Top 10 in both major polls for the first time ever.

Ranked #9 in the CFP in a season when anything can happen.

Still get downplayed nationally and called an underdog in our next game against one of our chief rivals.

Have a chance to redeem last year’s debacle against said rival.

Have the exact same type of huge lead against that rival.

Blow it.

“We can still play for an ACC Championship.” Yes we can. Hopefully we will. But how does any single one of us deal with this kind of incredibly painful and perfectly predictable heartbreak. Truly unreal.

Being a Wake fan… what a ride.

#GoDeacs

“ But how does any single one of us deal with this kind of incredibly painful and perfectly predictable heartbreak.”

We drink

“ But how does any single one of us deal with this kind of incredibly painful and perfectly predictable heartbreak.”

We drink

Been doing this for 50+ years- death by cirrhosis.

This is the worst feeling after a wake loss that I can remember. I'm physically sick.

This is the worst feeling after a wake loss that I can remember. I'm physically sick.

For me it’s the pittsnogle debacle. Hands down. Not even close. Second is bitch ass big country in 95. Then Stanford mauling Duncan. I’m pissed but not I’ll like those

You must not have been around for West Virginia or Cleveland State.

Lol right

this one hurts because it's been such a fun ride for a football season and we've usually had a heartbreaker before this moment, so the angst has just been building, knew it was only a matter of time though and we're still the ACC champ hunt because this wasn't even a conference game (lets get real, we're not a CFP-ready team, and probably would have been snubbed even winning out)

those bball losses, though, woof (and throw in Stanford too, someone mentioned that above)

This loss hurts, but the chances of winning the next 5 were about 1%. Just sucks to lose one that after 45 minutes we had done enough to win.

Lol right

this one hurts because it's been such a fun ride for a football season and we've usually had a heartbreaker before this moment, so the angst has just been building, knew it was only a matter of time though and we're still the ACC champ hunt because this wasn't even a conference game (lets get real, we're not a CFP-ready team, and probably would have been snubbed even winning out)

those bball losses, though, woof (and throw in Stanford too, someone mentioned that above)

Absolutely. D not close to good enough for consideration. This hurts because it’s personal with UNC, but we are still playing for a championship.

Rationally, losing the non-conference game was the best one to lose if we had to lose one.

Emotionally, UNC destroying our tiny chance at college football history feels horrible.

It all comes down to a reality check. One that clawson and the rest of us already know. We are good but not great. Can’t be great until we have a mediocre defense. Our defense is not even mediocre. We should get a good bowl this year and it is objectively a great year already for wake. We are a few years away from having a defense that can make us great.

It all comes down to a reality check. One that clawson and the rest of us already know. We are good but not great. Can’t be great until we have a mediocre defense. Our defense is not even mediocre. We should get a good bowl this year and it is objectively a great year already for wake. We are a few years away from having a defense that can make us great.

The problem is that we have to have a year that Clemson is down to have this chance again. This was a stars align type of opportunity and we Wake'd it away.

Rationally, losing the non-conference game was the best one to lose if we had to lose one.

Emotionally, UNC destroying our tiny chance at college football history feels horrible.

There is a lot of football left. Plenty of chances for other teams to blow it.

Nobody saw Bama losing to A&M.

As the head coach, regardless of what happens here on out, Clawson needs to focus 100 percent on the defense this offseason. The offensive staff can make sure we keep things going on that side of the ball, but we can be even better next year if the defense improves tangibly.

Well maybe everyone ahead of us will win too. Otherwise. I’ll wonder how much we could have moved up

The problem with today's debacle is that it validated 100% everything the pundits had said about our program. We had every chance to prove them wrong and move to the next level.

We did not.

We blew it. Curious if Clawson can motivate team for State game since State will not allow us 55 pts. Or 45. Probably not 35. So.

The problem with today's debacle is that it validated 100% everything the pundits had said about our program. We had every chance to prove them wrong and move to the next level.

We did not.

Honestly though, winning it doesn't make them all admit they were wrong either, they just keep doubling down until we eventually drop a game to Clemson or State or whomever. We're not getting fair treatment from national pundits no matter what. See: announcers all damn game today.

Back