• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One of the Most “Wake Foresty” Wake Forest Moments of All Time

It was a panic sequence. Top 10 teams find a way to keep their cool in that situation- the game wasn’t a LOWF effort but those final 4 plays were.

WF had the ball on its own 25, down 3 with more than two minutes to go and all three timeouts. WF has arguably the most prolific offense in the country, and UNC's defense is below average. Even at that point, the probabilities greatly favored WF.

The offense ran 6 plays going:

- Incomplete pass
- 11 yard completion to the 36 to Roberson
- Incomplete pass
- Batted down pass
- Incomplete pass
- Incomplete pass

UNC's defense was ready to crack again (WF scored a TD in 4 plays on its next possession; after Chandler's TD). That 6 play sequence was so uncharacteristic and disappointing. Yes, feel like everyone lost their poise (players and coaches). That was the situation that this offense was built to succeed in. Still can't believe that sequence.

Same here. I actually felt pretty good about our chances after the 1st down; maybe a possession/down & yardage toss to the TE or Morin, then something over the top or across the middle on a slant to AT or Roberson for the win. Last 4 plays looked like desperation, when I think we could have better controlled the narrative that many had said all week of "last team with the ball wins". But in a way, if we were going to lose, better that both sides of the ball can look across the lockeroom and say "my/our bad" w/o putting 100% of the blame on one unit which can lead to a fractured team.

We should have stuck with the RPO. Instead, we threw 2 short and contested passes to Morin out of 4 plays. And for people dumping on the 4th down attempt to Perry, I didn't hate it. With 10 yards to go and the defense fairly quickly getting in Sam's face, throwing to a 6'5" receiver in 1 on 1 coverage wasn't a horrible play call. Sam just threw it way too far inside. If that's thrown well, or even underthrown to the back shoulder, I think AT catches it 75%+ of the time.

We should have stuck with the RPO. Instead, we threw 2 short and contested passes to Morin out of 4 plays. And for people dumping on the 4th down attempt to Perry, I didn't hate it. With 10 yards to go and the defense fairly quickly getting in Sam's face, throwing to a 6'5" receiver in 1 on 1 coverage wasn't a horrible play call. Sam just threw it way too far inside. If that's thrown well, or even underthrown to the back shoulder, I think AT catches it 75%+ of the time.

Don’t disagree but that should have been call on an earlier down. It’s too high risk/high reward for 4th and 10- it’s not like it was 4th and 30

Back