• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One of the Most “Wake Foresty” Wake Forest Moments of All Time

The goat next to me at the game turns to me about halfway through the first quarter and, seriously, says "When did Wake Forest starting letting in African-Americans?" I dunno dude, last week? Maybe the week before? And we let these assclowns take our lunch money every single time it matters.

Not that I would have said it but thought " a good while ago - about the same time Sir Dean Smith set up his "Eligibility Major" at your school

I'm worried that we are going to let UNC beat us more than just yesterday. I'm not confident that we will bounce back next week. Losing at CH in almost the exact same way 2 years in a row has to be traumatic for the players. It certainly is for me.

The ESPN win probability for Wake was over 95% before collapsing. It’s going to be an emotional loss for the team.

I fully expect Clawson and his defensive staff have already had a come to Jesus this Sunday morning.

I know I would have

For context, Wake has the #3 scoring offense at 44.7 ppg behind Pitt (45.0) and Ohio State.

Wake is #77 in scoring defense at 27.7 ppg, 249 points. 46% of points allowed this season have been at Army and at UNC.

We could potentially play UNC again in the ACC championship, right? I would love another shot at them...

We could potentially play UNC again in the ACC championship, right? I would love another shot at them...

I think it's certainly possible if UNC wins @Pitt this week. But I think Pitt will have some level of defense against them unlike the matador package we run.

I might be in the minority on this but I am not so sure I'd want to play them again.

I think it's certainly possible if UNC wins @Pitt this week. But I think Pitt will have some level of defense against them unlike the matador package we run.

The same Pitt team that gave up 29 to duke?

Hate losing to UNC as much as anyone but what hasn’t been discussed yet is how this was a game that tables were turned for us. 90% of the time we are the team who needs the win to get to a bowl and are throwing kitchen sink at a top 10 team. We were clearly not ready for spotlight that comes with being a top 10 team- it means you will get everyone’s best shot every week- can’t just sneak up on people. Let’s get real - most of the time- we’re sneaking up on people in football and we feed off that. We can’t do that this year - for better or worse- we’ve started to get publicity and are still #13. Tarholes were prepared, played disciplined against RPO, and emotionally fired up - felt like we were trying to match what they were doing and we got into trouble-penalties and bad turnovers - trying to force stuff that wasn’t there. Top 10 teams settle in and dictate game to other team. They don’t get bogged down and take cheap shots and commit dumb penalties. We weren’t able to execute consistently enough yesterday to win the game at critical times. Also- gave them 14 points off turnovers after bad INT’s deep into our own territory. We only got 3 points on that fumble early. If you lose that battle 14-3 on the road against a talented team- you will lose most of the time.

This definitely ranks right up there with some disappointment in Wake lore but wouldn’t put it anywhere close to WVU and Pittanoggled- that’s almost insulting. And if we start doing that, it’s a self fulfilling prophecy of more LOWF crap. We have a chance to still get to Charlotte if we beat State and BC- Clemson doesn’t matter. Let’s move on- fix what we can fix and play like our hair’s on fire.

I just hope our team is more resilient than this board- let’s move on from this game. Let’s not let Tarholes beat us this week.

I just hope our team is more resilient than this board- let’s move on from this game. Let’s not let Tarholes beat us this week.

I think our team has plenty of the intangibles. Heart, character and motivation. I just don't think we have a defense. Pretty simple IMHO.

Gaines Adams (RIP) was worse than this, deep down we kinda knew this could happen especially after last year’s UNC game whereas Gaines Adams was a complete surprise and I’ve never felt a steeper 4th QTR momentum shift. Hopefully both losses are remembered similarly as blips on the ACC Championship radar.

Respectfully that’s just not how I see it. We were in rarified air and a part of the CFP discussion. Of course it was a long shot but it was a shot. And we completely fumbled it away in agonizing fashion to a rival.

To me the LOWF response is, we were never going to go undefeated so let’s be happy with our run at a conference championship. And I get that. But I expected more and for the first time in our lives that was at least an expectation with some legitimacy.

Had we been thoroughly outplayed and outclassed I could accept it. But we could have won this game and the national conversation would have gotten insane.

Totally agree that we can’t let it carry over to the next game. But for me it will never just be a blip on the radar.

Not interested in a rematch at all. I honestly think that if the jerseys yesterday and last year on the other side were any color other than baby blue and possibly Clemson orange, up 18 and 21 respectively we put the hammer down and win going away. Same thing almost happened at our place 3 years ago when we held them to I think 1 first down in the first half and had to hang on for dear life at the end. There's a culture of entitlement at UNC both on campus and amongst their gazilion alumni and WalMart'ers that says they are entitled to be better than everybody else, and for whatever reason our players, coaches and fans fall victim to it. Call that LOWF or me being a crappy fan, but that's my take until we (players, coaches and fans) demonstrate that we're tired of this shit and not buying that narrative any more.

Respectfully that’s just not how I see it. We were in rarified air and a part of the CFP discussion. Of course it was a long shot but it was a shot. And we completely fumbled it away in agonizing fashion to a rival.

To me the LOWF response is, we were never going to go undefeated so let’s be happy with our run at a conference championship. And I get that. But I expected more and for the first time in our lives that was at least an expectation with some legitimacy.

Had we been thoroughly outplayed and outclassed I could accept it. But we could have won this game and the national conversation would have gotten insane.

Totally agree that we can’t let it carry over to the next game. But for me it will never just be a blip on the radar.

Its not LOWF to realize while going undefeated was not impossible, it was improbable as it is for 99 percent of the teams in the country every year and it's not the end of the world that we're 8-1 and still the only ACC team to have not lost a conference game yet.

Its not LOWF to realize while going undefeated was not impossible, it was improbable as it is for 99 percent of the teams in the country every year and it's not the end of the world that we're 8-1 and still the only ACC team to have not lost a conference game yet.

Great. I just see it differently. This was a legit chance to take a bite of the ultimate apple and it's gone. Maybe we'll never get that chance again. Maybe we'll get it next year. I think it's just the "what might have been" that's weighing on me.

Pretty cool to think that an ACC Championship this year is a consolation prize.

Great. I just see it differently. This was a legit chance to take a bite of the ultimate apple and it's gone. Maybe we'll never get that chance again. Maybe we'll get it next year. I think it's just the "what might have been" that's weighing on me.

Pretty cool to think that an ACC Championship this year is a consolation prize.

I never thought in my lifetime we'd be all bitching about not being in the CFP but having to settle for an ACC Championship game. That should tell you where Clawson has brought this program.

The Gaines Adams “botch” play was packed into one moment where we all knew the game was over right then. This past weekend there were a bunch of little moments - not one particular play that was a swing - death by a thousand cuts vs. a shot to the head. Difference between that season and now is that this happened later in the year where we’re already in the national radar - it’s a good thing and a bad thing.

What’s creepy though is the 2006 team had NC State directly following that game. I remember we came out swinging- got up like 14-0 and put the botch behind us. The State team wasn’t as good as this one but atleast this game is at home.

We got up early but the offense sputtered and State made it a game. Swank had to bail them out with three 50+ yard FGs.

Back