• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One Team. One Fight.

I am pretty sure that I have one somewhere at the house. I never wear it. If I can find it, it is yours.

Thanks! After wearing it for so long, I just don't feel normal without it now. Hopefully hear from you soon!

What happened to the slogans? It seems that they just stopped here recently...basketball for obvious reasons, but football?

I actually found one in a drawer and would be happy to send it to you or pass it to you at an upcoming game. Just let me know.

We were the league door mat Prosser's last 2 years also.

You are the biggest prick on the boards by miles. You need to attack skip at every opportunity. What a miserable human being you are.

You are the biggest prick on the boards by miles. You need to attack skip at every opportunity. What a miserable human being you are.

We were the bottom team in 2006 and maybe 11th in 2007. We had a huge collapse in Cleveland in 2005 against WVa. He could not game coach one single bit, especially in the post season. His personality was good for Wake Forest, but he was not a legend because of his coaching ability. JHo & Darius, who were already here, got him started with some great play and great defense and rugged play. Getting CP3 was his real shining moment and he covered up a lot of weaknesses in the 2 years he was here, but the supposed "best class in Wake Forest basketball history" then finished last in 2006 without CP3.

It is a message board...get over it

You're just a miserable human being. No getting around it - message board or not.

We were the bottom team in 2006 and maybe 11th in 2007. We had a huge collapse in Cleveland in 2005 against WVa. He could not game coach one single bit, especially in the post season. His personality was good for Wake Forest, but he was not a legend because of his coaching ability. JHo & Darius, who were already here, got him started with some great play and great defense and rugged play. Getting CP3 was his real shining moment and he covered up a lot of weaknesses in the 2 years he was here, but the supposed "best class in Wake Forest basketball history" then finished last in 2006 without CP3.

It is a message board...get over it

Those doormat teams won 3 ACCT games in two years. That last-place team in the ACC in 2006 also played in the NIT. So, at worst, Skip's teams still played in the postseason.

Skip also had aspirations of going to the final four, and made us all believe he could accomplish that goal; i'm not so sure the current staff has the same aspirations.

Last edited:
I think what made Skip so great was his ability to make people believe in him. I suppose it went along with his personality. Even during those rough years of 2006 and 2007, I still believed that better days were ahead. The fans and students did too. Skip was a winner at other schools and was a winner at Wake. Sure, we had postseason failures, but many coaches do before they have their breakthrough. We still swung for the fences and recruited well, and Skip was not afraid of anyone. He didn't subscribe to the LOWF mentality. And we were good again, even under Dino, a guy that many felt was in way over his head.

The current staff is probably the opposite. They are okay with mediocrity. They don't project any sort of confidence whatsoever. No one believes we'll get better because there is no track record of success. I'd take Skip and his postseason failures any day of the week over what we have. At least we had a chance to improve.

Those doormat teams won 3 ACCT games in two years. That last-place team in the ACC in 2006 also played in the NIT. So, at worst, Skip's teams still played in the postseason.

Skip also had aspirations of going to the final four, and made us all believe he could accomplish that goal; i'm not so sure the current staff has the same aspirations.
Seriously, has anyone ever believed that Bzz has/had the ability to take us to the NCAAs? The Final Four?

Back