• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One Thought One Paragraph Random Thing You Want To Talk About

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
In this thread you get one paragraph per post to talk about whatever you want to talk about. Hopefully we learn something from your paragraph. It can be about anything. It can be very boring and you just really want to get in depth about a topic that nobody knows anything about. It can be exciting. You get to do what you want with your own paragraph. Do not ramble. Keep this a normal paragraph, nobody wants to complain about "please use the enter button." I will, obviously, lead off with a wine paragraph

This one goes out to you @TimmyClutch. Vinho Verde gets a bad rap in America. It's used synonymously with "cheap, light, refreshing wine you can chug on a blanket while it's 85 degrees outside." But it can be much more than that. Vinho Verde specifically references an entire region of wine in Portugal. Spanning a region in the northern portion of the country, there is an Atlantic influence that helps moderate temperatures and provide a lot of rainfall. Because of this you can grow cooler climate grapes than you would in the rest of the country. A lot of the white blends from this region are in fact your daily chuggers and should be cheap. If you are looking for the highest quality from this region, take a peek at wines that are predominantly or 100% Alvarinho - the real star of the region.

Now, what one thought one paragraph topic do you all have to share with us on this Friday?

Every day I take two shits - the first one is in the morning right after my first cup of coffee. It is pristine, a nice beautiful Bristol 4. Pinches off clean, absolutely nothing on the toilet paper, minimal odor. The second one is late morning or after lunch and it is absolutely foul. The toilet bowl looks like a Jackson Pollock painting if he only had two colors. Smells so bad that I basically smoke myself out of the bathroom. What's with that?

For several years I have been on a personal crusade - taking no actual steps to do anything about it other than complain about it on the internet - for Division 1 NCAA basketball teams to only play other Division 1 basketball teams. Yet every year when schedules get released we discover Radford is firing off five games against St. Thomas Aquinas Bible School for the Meek and Northwestern Southwest State University-Omaha Campus. Entering this season there are 362 D1 NCAA teams, find 12-15 of them to complete your non-conference schedule and play them. Games between D1 and D2, D3, NAIA teams count on the record for the D1 teams (although they are not factored in to the NET rankings for NCAA at-large bids/resume) but they are exhibitions for the other teams that do not even count as a win or loss on their schedule.

Oh, fall. A season so exquisitely complex, it shatters our naïve illusions of continuity and reveals the infinite interconnectedness of existence. The leaves, those small, finite, fleeting moments of brilliant color, descend in a chaotic dance, a swirling maelstrom of impermanence that mirrors our own lives. The crisp air, a reminder that time marches forward with unyielding precision. It's a paradoxical blend of melancholy and exhilaration, an annual reminder of the relentless beauty and absurdity of our world. Fall, like the work of a great author, forces us to confront the inherent contradictions of life, a paradoxical puzzle that we can never fully solve, but must, with a mix of resignation and rapture, embrace and behold.

It sorta feels like numbers could have made his first post just one paragraph and then split out his second paragraph into a second post. You know because you’re supposed to, in this thread, if I’m reading things correctly, keep your posts to a single paragraph and about a single topic. It’s confusing to me. I can’t figure out why he did it. What’s going on there? Is he fucking with us? Was he drinking?

Every day I take two shits - the first one is in the morning right after my first cup of coffee. It is pristine, a nice beautiful Bristol 4. Pinches off clean, absolutely nothing on the toilet paper, minimal odor. The second one is late morning or after lunch and it is absolutely foul. The toilet bowl looks like a Jackson Pollock painting if he only had two colors. Smells so bad that I basically smoke myself out of the bathroom. What's with that?

hey I have a gall bladder story!

Starting around age 20 I would intermittently get extremely sharp abdominal pain that was absolutely debilitating. Would happen once every 3-6 months and would knock me flat for a solid 4-6 hours. IT was so intermittent that I couldn't identify any trigger. When it was happening there was basically no way to relieve the pain, had to just wait it out. Saw a couple doctors who thought it was gall bladder related, had a bunch of imaging but nothing showed up. When I had kids I decided to really push to get it worked up. Eventually they found some gall bladder sludge (not stones) in my bile ducts. So I would have the sharp attacks anytime the sludge was thick enough to block the duct and then eventually they would move and the pain would be relieved. They said I'd need my gall bladder out eventually, so I might as well do it as an elective surgery so I could plan it and they could do it lapropscopically instead of opening the abdomen.

I'd be out of work for a month because of lifting restrictions so I scheduled the surgery for early March. TWIST: I scheduled it for March of 2020. I had my procedure the day before the hospital canceled all elective surgeries. Two days after my surgery, my kid's daycare closed so now I had to be home with a 2 and a 4 year old while recovering. Good times.

The above don’t count as my paragraph because they are quotes also you can just not add breaks and talk about whatever you want indefinitely one long continuous paragraph with run sentences just as we were all taught by wakephan. Anyways remember when I said it’s highly optimistic you return to normal after gallbladder removal, exhibit 1 of BBD shitting himself.

The above don’t count as my paragraph because they are quotes also you can just not add breaks and talk about whatever you want indefinitely one long continuous paragraph with run sentences just as we were all taught by wakephan. Anyways remember when I said it’s highly optimistic you return to normal after gallbladder removal, exhibit 1 of BBD shitting himself.
I make it to the toilet every time!!

It's Black Cat Appreciation Day so I will post in appreciation of our black cats. Scout is our current BC and he embodies the term "snuggle panther." In fact he is sitting on my lap purring as I type this. He's the foster fail from our first foster litter because he and my husband fell in love with each other. He also loves the following: food, snuggling, trying to get outside, and catnip. He's completely lazy when he gets high. Plus he has horrible gas. Our previous BC, may he rest in power, was Deacon, which is why I mention him in this paragraph.
8c76cd1bb6b0b17521ac841af91da59b.jpg

Tax controversy is the only system in American jurisprudence where the “defendant” doesn’t have the presumption of innocence. The Commissioner’s adjustments have the presumption of correctness and the burden of proof is on the taxpayer to demonstrate the adjustments are incorrect. This puts taxpayers in the position of contesting adjustments asserted by Revenue Agents with varying levels of competence. Too often, if a Revenu Agent doesn’t understand a deduction or can’t substantiate a portion of something they disallow the entire thing because it’s easier to just do that than critically evaluate the issue. This forces taxpayers to spend unnecessary time and expense fighting against adjustments that should have never been made in the first place.

Tom Brady is probably the greatest football player in the history of the sport, but for some reason he will never be as universally regarded as the best in his sport like Michael Jordan has been. Brady has 7 championships to Jordan’s 6. Brady did it with multiple franchises while Jordan only 1. If you were to break down Brady’s career by decade (his 20s, 30s, 40s) each would be hall of fame caliber on their own. Brady also did all of this without a true Number 1 WR for most of his career. Yet there is not universal agreement on this like there was with Jordan. Is it because he played in New England, is he too handsome, too Hollywood? If you were to compare Brady to another player based on metrics, no one would be close, yet he is still not considered the best player of all time.

Thinking about my yardwork experience today reminded me of what happened to me in August. I came down with covid shortly after a week in Puerto Rico. As a result, my yard went 4 weeks without me mowing it. Following my first week back in the office, I was planning to come home early on Friday and get the yard taken care of. Now, my next door neighbor is an 80-year old Canadian boss of a lady- very sweet, hosts her geezer friends for wine and cornhole... I joked to my wife wondering if I "tossed Mrs. Pierce a toonie" would she mow my yard for me. 30 seconds later, my wife hands me the phone to listen to a voicemail message. It was Mrs. Pierce saying she knows I've been sick and was calling to see if I wanted her to mow my yard. Bless her, but I did not need that kind of "is you weak, son?" shade thrown at me by Mrs. Pierce.

I'm probably going to break the rules and talk about a few things, but in one paragraph! I've been sick for most of the week after catching whatever little T had last weekend. I just saw on Instagram where a Palestinian American college friend has lost 19 relatives in Gaza. And I'm tired of living in a broken country where mentally ill mass murderers can buy an assault rifle as easy as I can buy a nerf gun. Work, family, and friends would make it almost impossible to live abroad, but damn if I don't really want to at times. How's that for a Friday PM pick me up?

I wind up doing lots of different (but often interconnected) things in my little media enterprise here. My latest foray is video production. I'd mentioned this in a chat thread somewhere, but never found a 'good' time to show how this larger inaugural effort turned out. It feels very "Friday", this video. You may now proceed to dance about the premises. (I do not own this YT account)

Tom Brady is probably the greatest football player in the history of the sport, but for some reason he will never be as universally regarded as the best in his sport like Michael Jordan has been. Brady has 7 championships to Jordan’s 6. Brady did it with multiple franchises while Jordan only 1. If you were to break down Brady’s career by decade (his 20s, 30s, 40s) each would be hall of fame caliber on their own. Brady also did all of this without a true Number 1 WR for most of his career. Yet there is not universal agreement on this like there was with Jordan. Is it because he played in New England, is he too handsome, too Hollywood? If you were to compare Brady to another player based on metrics, no one would be close, yet he is still not considered the best player of all time.

Jordan was All-Defensive First Team during each of his championship seasons. Tom Brady didn’t even play defense. It would be hard for any player in any sport except soccer to get the acclaim Jordan does which is why the only other athlete on that level globally is Messi. Basketball and soccer play both sides of the ball and the vast majority of minutes. But it would be great to see Ohtani or Travis Hunter win 6+ championships playing both ways.

I really don’t have anything to talk about, but I’m terrified on missing out on cool stuff. Probably has something to do with being terrified of not being cool myself. I probably should explore this more with my therapist but it’s easier here. Oh and I truly dislike 8184…the only person on these boards who I will never extend a hand to

Folks in Vermont will not like this but I keep my mower running until the end of the year. During the Spring and Summer I cut the grass every Wednesday or Thursday and sometimes twice in a week. The grass isn’t growing but I still get on the mower to mulch leaves. My wife bitches cause no one else gets rid of their leaves and they blow into our yard. I like it. It gives me an excuse to get on my mower and drink beer. My wife thinks I’m pissed about the neighbor leaves but I like it.

I feel like numbers started this to keep me from posting a bunch of long shit on the ct. I’m ok with that. My family and friends always say I’m a good storyteller and once I get going it’s hard to stop. Unfortunately, my mom and wife do not care to hear all of the stories I have. In 7th grade I was the only kid allowed to sit in the back of the bus with the high school kids. I had a high school girlfriend and we would make out in the back of the bus. I was a legend at my school but all I did was touch her boobs (they were nice). Anyways, my mom said she was horrified cause I told her I sat in the back of the bus with the older kids and she was worried about what was going on. In hindsight she was right to be worried.

Wait how old was this girl?
Not a paragraph but I will respond anyways. I don’t remember the exact age. Probably a sophomore or Junior. I was the instigator and told her she wasn’t all that and then shit got real. Friday night football games were great for my credibility. I was a shit talker from an early age. Now that I think about it I have always been into older women.

So the proper terminology is Nantucket Reds, and you’re only supposed to call them that if they are from Murray’s Toggery located in downtown Nantucket (colloquially the Toggery). Nantucket Reds refer to salmon/pink colored pants worn on Nantucket and have become a staple in New England prep culture. The more you wear them, the more they are supposed to fade into a red color. Now you can purchase shirts, hats, most any article of clothing in this color, which is now called Nantucket Red, but you still refer to your pants as your Nantucket Reds.

Back