• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One year til National Election, who are you voting for?

Who would you vote for if the election were today?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • The Republican candidate

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Can't decide yet/undecided/won't vote (specify)

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
As of today, who would you vote for?

Would vote for Huntsman or Romney over Obama, would vote for Obama over anyone else the GOP nominates. The GOP has lost it.

Would vote for Huntsman or Romney over Obama, would vote for Obama over anyone else the GOP nominates. The GOP has lost it.

I get the feeling Romney is going to weather the storm and get the nomination. Just a hunch. The GOP should follow Reagans lead and stick to fiscal conservatism and pay just enough lip service to social issues to keep the far right wing in tow. Case in point, Bush cared more about stem cell research than vetoing spending bills that were out of control.

In my mind the GOP hasn't had it since Reagan. Losing it is not a recent development.

If Paul runs as a third party candidate, Obama will get as many or more EVs as he did in 2008.

A- I don't think Ron Paul will run as an independent.
B- If he did I am fairly certain he would not chose a Dem Congressman to be his running mate.

He has said as much in numerous interviews. And point B is utterly ridiculous. Although the greatest third party campaign of the century would be Paul/Lieberman... the Dove and the Hawk.

There's no chance Lieberman would run with Paul. Lieberman knows they wouldn't get 10% of the vote and he'd look like an idiot.

He has said as much in numerous interviews. And point B is utterly ridiculous. Although the greatest third party campaign of the century would be Paul/Lieberman... the Dove and the Hawk.

It would be the first time that the ticket agrees on 0 issues.

If they got as much a 10% of the vote in any state, that state would go to Obama.

The GOP candidates are going to chop up Romney on his taking both sides of every issue. They realize that's the only to beat him.

By the time the fall comes everyone in America will have been bombarded with this.

If they got as much a 10% of the vote in any state, that state would go to Obama.

The GOP candidates are going to chop up Romney on his taking both sides of every issue. They realize that's the only to beat him.

By the time the fall comes everyone in America will have been bombarded with this.

Good thing Obama is clean on flip flopping...

So what's worse in the eyes of the electorate, Romney's flip-flopping or Obama's track record as president?

I would vote Huntsman over Obama. Other than that, I'll either check out the 3rd party candidates or abstain.

Back