• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Brad, you can feel free to answer this question as well, if you can recover from the pearl-clutching caused by ADT's post.

Hold your horses... I'm scanning the WaPo op-ed page and reviewing Planned Parenthood pamphlets for talking points on why these late term abortions at birth are just fine.

Get back to you shortly.

Last couple of pages are a perfect illustration why tiltdeac (who is quite a bit more progressive than me) is one of the board's best posters and B-rad is one of the board's worst posters.

giphy.gif

Hold your horses... I'm scanning the WaPo op-ed page and reviewing Planned Parenthood pamphlets for talking points on why these late term abortions at birth are just fine.

Get back to you shortly.

sounds like you don't know your terminology. when you don't know your terminology, you shouldn't be debating the issue. how can I take you seriously? at least you probably know the difference in a magazine and clip, right?

Do these twitter personalities believe that they are not preaching to the choir? Does a fundamentalist or Junebug look at that and be like, hmm, your data has persuaded me.

Do these twitter personalities believe that they are not preaching to the choir? Does a fundamentalist or Junebug look at that and be like, hmm, your data has persuaded me.
Where was the data in that string of posts, I saw a bunch of anecdotal evidence proving little.

Because there is absolutely no need to write such a statute. The party of deregulation and small government should support such legislative discretion.

Comparing mental health to "feelings" is one of the big reasons why there's such a stigma around mental health treatment. Good job, good effort.

These are terrible situations.

So why not write a statute to address them, rather than one that allows a healthy mother to abort her healthy baby during birth because she claims going through with birthing will hurt her feelings? If that situation is so rare, why write a statute that accommodates it?

Only a dogmatist digs in on this kind of thing. You are out of the mainstream if you want no restrictions on third trimester abortion.

this guy. talking about being dogmatic.

Because there is absolutely no need to write such a statute. The party of deregulation and small government should support such legislative discretion.

TITCR

Also, you want to write a statute that allows doctors to freely utilize their medical expertise without worrying about going to jail for doing their jobs.

These are terrible situations.

So why not write a statute to address them, rather than one that allows a healthy mother to abort her healthy baby during birth because she claims going through with birthing will hurt her feelings? If that situation is so rare, why write a statute that accommodates it?

Only a dogmatist digs in on this kind of thing. You are out of the mainstream if you want no restrictions on third trimester abortion.

Seems like a logical pushback against insidious TRAP laws. Make abortion laws as permissive as possible to avoid obstructionism from legal minds such as yours.

I’m only a jurisprudential dogmatist. Politically, I am a center-rightist willing to compromise. I understand that distinction may be difficult to understand for the simple minded.

When should abortions be allowed?

I’m only a jurisprudential dogmatist. Politically, I am a center-rightist willing to compromise. I understand that distinction may be difficult to understand for the simple minded.

except when it comes to things like you determining when/what/where medical procedures get to be used.

Lets be real junebug, anti-abortion activists have made abortion geographically inaccessable to half the country under legalese guise of "sensible" restrictive regulation.

The view that economic markets function best without government picking winners and losers has nothing to do with the scope of non-economic activity that should be regulated by the criminal law.

Why do you feel more qualified than medical professionals to decide?

Back