• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Link?

Seems plausible. Fairfax was pretty well known on campus back then.

One suggestion I’ve seen is that Fairfax resigns, Northam appoints a heavily vetted unassailable replacement (likely a woman) as Lt. Gov. then Northam resigns. I won’t bother to confirm if it’s plausible but it seems like a way out of this mess.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...basketball-player-rape-allegation/2820573002/

"n a statement later Friday, Watson described an incident with an unspecified Duke basketball player because “Fairfax has chosen to attack his victim again.”

“He revealed that Ms. Watson was the victim of a prior rape,” Nancy Erika Smith, Watson’s attorney, wrote in the second statement. “That is true. Ms. Watson was raped by a basketball player during her sophomore year at Duke. She went to the Dean, who provided no help and discouraged her from pursuing the claim further. Ms. Watson also told friends, including Justin Fairfax. Mr. Fairfax then used this prior assault against Ms. Watson, as he explained to her during the only encounter she had with him after the rape.

A person with knowledge of the alleged sexual assault by the Duke basketball player told USA TODAY Sports the incident occurred in 1999. That person was granted anonymity because details of the incident have not been made public.

“We have just become aware of these allegations and are looking into them,” Duke University spokesperson Keith Lawrence told USA TODAY Sports in an email. "

From the above-linked article “She left a campus party when he arrived, and he followed her out. She turned and asked, 'Why did you do it?' Mr. Fairfax answered: “I knew that because of what happened to you last year, you’d be too afraid to say anything.”

(the no text to edit bug is alive and well)

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Brad the Jester within

Just stop

I am just having fun. I really don’t care who leaked it. Tough spot for him to explain though and he hasn’t done a very good job. My conspiracy is also further complicated by the sexual assault accusation of his lt. gov. And then more blackface by the AG.

Next guy in line I think is republican. Virginia dems in a tight spot.

Last edited:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...basketball-player-rape-allegation/2820573002/

"n a statement later Friday, Watson described an incident with an unspecified Duke basketball player because “Fairfax has chosen to attack his victim again.”

“He revealed that Ms. Watson was the victim of a prior rape,” Nancy Erika Smith, Watson’s attorney, wrote in the second statement. “That is true. Ms. Watson was raped by a basketball player during her sophomore year at Duke. She went to the Dean, who provided no help and discouraged her from pursuing the claim further. Ms. Watson also told friends, including Justin Fairfax. Mr. Fairfax then used this prior assault against Ms. Watson, as he explained to her during the only encounter she had with him after the rape.

A person with knowledge of the alleged sexual assault by the Duke basketball player told USA TODAY Sports the incident occurred in 1999. That person was granted anonymity because details of the incident have not been made public.

“We have just become aware of these allegations and are looking into them,” Duke University spokesperson Keith Lawrence told USA TODAY Sports in an email. "

Thanks. Now I’m curious which Dean although any of them probably would have given a response. Sexual assault was getting a lot of attention at Duke in the early 00s. There were some protests and one organization published a book of stories from sexual assault survivors.

Thanks. Now I’m curious which Dean although any of them probably would have given a response. Sexual assault was getting a lot of attention at Duke in the early 00s. There were some protests and one organization published a book of stories from sexual assault survivors.

It’s pretty naive to think that any academic professional at duke would do anything to hurt duke basketball.

Sorry. I meant everyone of them would have given the same response.

From the above-linked article “She left a campus party when he arrived, and he followed her out. She turned and asked, 'Why did you do it?' Mr. Fairfax answered: “I knew that because of what happened to you last year, you’d be too afraid to say anything.”

(the no text to edit bug is alive and well)

This has a strong whiff of #fakenews.

To drop the other shoe:

One of two things.

1. Republicans care about ethics again!

2. Republicans would use this as a way to get Democrats to eat their own while ignoring worse in their party.

One of two things.

1. Republicans care about ethics again!

2. Republicans would use this as a way to get Democrats to eat their own while ignoring worse in their party.

As someone who is likes to dabble, I would say 4/10 whatabout.

I know as the party of Trump you all don’t like paying people for services performed, but this is a stretch even for the most Trumpy Trumpera to ever Trump

Also in an era where young people are running for office more frequently, the definition of “partner” should extend a little further methinks

Remember when Dems were all like believe always believe the victim.

Oooooooooooopppsssss......
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ju...says-dems-are-ducking-her-case-pure-cowardice

The attorney for a woman who has accused Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax of raping her while they were undergraduates at Duke University nearly two decades ago is accusing state Democrats of “pure cowardice” for signaling they won’t proceed with public hearings on the allegations against him.

“Apparently, the Virginia House Democratic Caucus believes that courageous victims of rape need to be heard — just not by them,” said Nancy Erika Smith, an attorney for accuser Meredith Watson. “Ms. Watson is counting on the General Assembly to do the right thing and hold hearings now. These nonstop efforts to duck their role is pure cowardice. Sympathy is welcome, but action is needed.”

Back