• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Dowd by way of Pelosi.

Remember when Pelosi said “if you have a problem come to me” the literal same day she gave an interview to Maureen Dowd trashing her own party?

Remember when Pelosi said “if you have a problem come to me” the literal same day she gave an interview to Maureen Dowd trashing her own party?

Exactly. OWLs gonna OWL.

NEWS & POLITICS TRENDING HOMELAND SECURITY FAITH LIFESTYLE
search

ROGER L. SIMON
The Democrats, Not Trump, Are the Racists
BY ROGER L. SIMON JULY 28, 2019 CHAT 14 COMMENTS
Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) speaks to media on Capitol Hill
Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) speaks to media on Capitol Hill on June 27, 2018. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
It doesn't take Nostradamus, or even a Coney Island fortune teller, to predict the coming Democratic presidential debates will be filled to overflowing with accusations of racism toward Donald Trump.

Not only that, the candidates will certainly be doing their bests, directly or by innuendo, to tarnish each other with the same ugly brush in an almost always fallacious manner. But when it comes to the real, down-home, George-Wallace-Segregation-Now-Segregation-Forever racial bigotry, it will be Donald Trump by a landslide. To them, POTUS is the big, bad, racist wolf.

This is, will be, and has been from the beginning one of the purest examples of projection since Sigmund Freud described this form of psychological hysteria in The Neuro-Psychoses of Defence (1894).

The Democrats are the true racists. The more they and their press lackeys call others racist, the more racist they are — and the more racism they generate. These days one might as well call the Democratic Party The Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Racism.

They do this every day through the promulgation of identity politics, which is no more than segregationism repurposed and given a slick veneer for the 21st century via intersectionality and similar bogus academic nonsense. But it doesn't end there. It's a daily, even hourly, assault, the latest occurrence being the uproar over Trump's characterization in a tweet of Rep. Elijah Cummings' Baltimore as "violent & filthy."

Did this have anything to do with Cummings being black? Of course not. But it certainly has to do with Cummings' own over-the-top characterization of our southern border, which Trump considered radically unfair and purely politically motivated. Tit for tat. We've seen that from Trump before and will again. He punches back, sometimes too easily. But color is of no consequence, not even slightly. You could be a card-carrying member of the DAR descended directly from Betsy Ross and Trump would go after you if you went after him.

Nevertheless, it had to be called racism by the real racists — projection again. (This creepy, psychologically-deformed behavior was frequently lampooned by Aristophanes in his plays, long before Freud gave it a name. Molière also had a good time with this hypocrisy in The Miser and The Misanthrope. Only now it's not a laughing matter.)

And speaking of unfair, exactly what is the condition of Baltimore today? Like most American cities governed for decades by Democrats — from Detroit to now Los Angeles, San Franciso, and Seattle with their ghastly homeless epidemics — the word "miserable" seems appropriate or perhaps "wretched" or "revolting" (but not in the sense of revolutionary; in the sense of "What a revoltin' development this is" in The Life of Riley).

And is Baltimore safe? US News gives it a poor rating, 3.9/10, stating: "Baltimore's crime rate is significantly higher than the national rate, with the metro area experiencing its fair share of violent crime – particularly within the city proper." As for Trump's accusation of its being "rat-infested," it ranks eighth nationally here and ninth here. That's out of some 35,000 cities in this country. I'm not sure how many of those got surveyed by Orkin, but Baltimore's results are not exactly auspicious.

The conclusion we are supposed to glean from this, the rule of rules that must be obeyed at all costs, is that whites are always wrong when criticizing blacks. That conception is quite simply mentally deranged. It is sick, completely reactionary politically and inherently racist in and of itself. And yet it is adhered to by the Democratic Party and their media lackeys with an orthodoxy even Opus Dei would envy.

And we are soon going to see it revved up even further. During the coming debates, desperate candidates like Cory Booker and Beto O'Rourke are likely to hurl unfounded accusations of racism at Biden and Sanders. (These men have many failings, but racism isn't one of them.). Kamala Harris will continue her equally unfounded attack on Biden. Pete Buttigieg will try to find some way to deflect racism charges against him by his black constituents back home, possibly by making the most vicious attacks on Trump of all. (Easy enough. His background is Gramscian, so the ends justify the means.). And so it will go. None of this will have anything to do with reality.

Nor will the corresponding attacks for sexism. Speaking of desperation, Kirsten Gillibrand, currently without enough votes to be high school class treasurer, will be going after Biden for his alleged discrimination against women. As her spokesperson said, "Kirsten believes we need to have a broader and more intentional conversation about valuing women in this country and even this primary, and she intends to do so in the coming days. Stay tuned."

No, thank you. Identity politics gives me hives.

(NOTE TO KIRSTEN: Have you noticed vastly more young women are attending college these days than young men, making the future particularly grim for males? I guess not.)

Roger L. Simon was a civil rights worker in the sixties, donor to the Black Panthers in the seventies (apologies for that one), writer for Richard Pryor in the eighties, and leader of the Writers Guild's rebuilding South Central libraries after the King riots in the nineties. He is now, he assumes, in the eyes of most Democrats, a racist.

https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/the-democrats-not-trump-are-the-racists/

I love the NEWS & POLITICS TRENDING HOMELAND SECURITY FAITH LIFESTYLE section.

Lol what a joke

Indeed. Democrats are "racists" for calling out the racism of Trump and much of his party. And why do they call Trump a racist? Oh, I don't know, maybe it's because he constantly targets people of color in his tweets and tells them to leave the country, or calls them un-American, or terrorists, or uses all sorts of negative terms for their districts and neighborhoods and cities, when he almost never does that for white critics. There is also his long history of discriminating against people of color in his real-estate holdings in New York and elsewhere, or calling Mexicans "rapists", and on and on. I don't know why anyone would accuse poor Donald of being racist. And how dare all of those LibDems call him out for it! They're the real racists for calling him out - if they just shut up and didn't talk about it, no one would notice or care about his racism! LOL.

If anything he’s just calling them racist to launder the term. Step 5 below.

1. Say racist things and be a despicable piece of shit.
2. Public outcry
3. Double down, reiterate racist comments
4. Call your attackers racist
5. Call other things racist that are not examples of racism. Be very messy and broad brushed with this step. High volumes of bullshit are needed. This will obfuscate and force folks to debate what is racist and what is not
6. With help from Fox News, “racist” eventually morphs into “critical of people not exactly like me”
7. Boomers receive this Fox propaganda while not critically thinking
8. Leading to stupid people saying “Trump said [racist under real definition thing]. But [Democrat target] said [racist under Fox definition thing]. What about what about what about.
9. Both sides. Both sides. So I guess it’s ok that I still vote for Trump because both sides. Boomer pulls lever in battleground state.

Edit to step 3 above. Very important - Never apologize! Maybe the most important. The rest of the steps depend on this. The point is that there’s nothing wrong with saying these things, or if there is that other Dems do “it” to, however you want to define “it.” If you admit a smidge of apology you have torched this strategy and you are now in a very weak position. Good luck climbing out of that fiasco with a goddamn fool like Trump who can’t follow a scripted plan or even read it without pictures.

If anything he’s just calling them racist to launder the term. Step 5 below.

1. Say racist things and be a despicable piece of shit.
2. Public outcry
3. Double down, reiterate racist comments
4. Call your attackers racist
5. Call other things racist that are not examples of racism. Be very messy and broad brushed with this step. High volumes of bullshit are needed. This will obfuscate and force folks to debate what is racist and what is not
6. With help from Fox News, “racist” eventually morphs into “critical of people not exactly like me”
7. Boomers receive this Fox propaganda while not critically thinking
8. Leading to stupid people saying “Trump said [racist under real definition thing]. But [Democrat target] said [racist under Fox definition thing]. What about what about what about.
9. Both sides. Both sides. So I guess it’s ok that I still vote for Trump because both sides. Boomer pulls lever in battleground state.

Yep. The key for these people is to compartmentalize obvious racist shit he’s said and done over the course of his life span, ignore it, and let others think for them (Fox, PJ media lol) because admitting he’s a racist means giving an inch which means a large part of their identity is compromised. Trump defenders are deeply insecure human beings.

I'd love to only blame the boomers, but there is plenty of stupidity sewn throughout the generations in this country. There will also always be easily frightened people who get more conservative in their old age.

Last edited:
It can be simultaneously true that liberals overstate racism and that the President is a racist.

In the last two weeks Donald has told four Congresswomen of color to go back to their country (three were born here and one's family is from Puerto Rico - so America from the get go) and has for the second time - after John Lewis a couple year's ago - referenced a Congressman's home district as a "disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess." Notably he has never told any non-people of color to go back to their own country nor has he used such critical language towards any white member's home districts.

This is racist language. He continues to use such language and it's because he's a racist. History will certainly condemn the Sailors of the world who fiddled about political correctness while an overt racist used the presidency to lobby racist attacks at members of Congress.

Last edited:
also the man is sitting here saying America is bad (also, formerly not great) when that's exactly the reason he told the Squad to leave -- for criticizing America.

Atlanta = ''falling apart''
Philly = ''struggling''
Chicago = ''totally out of control''
San Fran = ''disgusting''
Baltimore = ''a filthy place''

He’s the president of all these places. and Puerto Rico, lest we forget. It’s interesting who is allowed which critiques and why.

Trump retweeted notorious UK far-righter Katie Hopkins description of Baltimore as a shithole (the same term he's used to describe African and Latin American countries), and has kept going after Cummings in his tweets today. He's also now gone after Al Sharpton and started a twitter feud with him, calling him a con man and a troublemaker who hates cops and white people. All rich coming from Trump (Sharpton tweeted back, "Trump says I’m a troublemaker & con man. I do make trouble for bigots. If he really thought I was a con man he would want me in his cabinet.")

Also, Sen. Rand Paul has told Rep. Omar to go back and visit Somalia (he says he'll pay for the ticket) so she can see how bad it is there and will thus "appreciate" living in America more. I'm sure that Paul really appreciates the plight of Somali refugees living on his estate (while he's getting beaten up by his neighbors). But remember, folks, according to right-wing media it's the Democrats who are the real racists! Trump and his political party don't have a racist bone in their bodies!

plenty of places in rural Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia are doing great as well.

Philly = ''struggling''

He’s the president of all these places. and Puerto Rico, lest we forget. It’s interesting who is allowed which critiques and why.

True, but it's pretty clear that he doesn't see himself as being the POTUS of all those places. They don't like him, won't vote for him, and are filled with non-white people who aren't Real Americans. Thus, they're the enemy. With the possible exception of Nixon, I don't think we've had another modern POTUS who doesn't see himself as representing all of the American people or the USA as a whole, but only those people who voted for him and turn out at his rallies (and he only cares about his supporters to the extent that they support him and yell his name at rallies. He's a complete narcissist.)

Philly = ''struggling''

Another reason for these statements is to make the GOP rural base feel better about the shitty places they live and the lack of good governance by the Pubs they keep putting into office. They’re never going to leave East BFE, AL to visit Chicago so they’ll believe it’s a violent cesspool instead of a lynch pin of our economy and home to one of Trump’s own hotels.

Back