• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Bullshit.

If you really believe that then you may as well give up or just plan for the misguided bloody attempted revolution.

Thanks for the advice! How would you propose we go about making society an incrementally better place? Or, even, how should we restore social order back before George W Bush murdered millions of Iraqis, the US economy, and civil liberties while opening the door for the religious right to destroy every meaningful institution in the US government?

Yep

I stand by calling it hazardous BS to claim that suburban women can’t/won’t vote for policies to help members of poorer classes because to do so is “against” their own class.

Yep

I stand by calling it hazardous BS to claim that suburban women can’t/won’t vote for policies to help members of poorer classes because to do so is “against” their own class.

What will you do to help advocate for these policies in suburban places?

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: It's still a debacle

Doesn’t matter to my point.

Not about me.

Then what’s it about? If not you and me, then who? Whose responsibility is it to help turn this thing around?

Doesn’t matter to my point.

Not about me.

I think you need to practice self-flagellation according to the DR. Pepper bottle at 10,2 and 4.

After doing that for a week, you need to give all your worldly possessions away and dress only in sack cloth.

The validity of my particular point doesn’t depend on some proof of my political bona fides.

Seems similar to an inane discussion I had the other day with Colonel A.

If it makes you feel better, then I don’t take Rick Wilson’s and the other #nevertrump crowd’s advice seriously either.

Pelosi appointing Shalala instead of Porter to Oversight of the Fed Bailout is so bad. Porter wanted the job and is clearly up for it. She’d been on Oversight and Federal Services! Shalala has no such experience. Pelosi is such a bad leader.

Katie Porter is a superstar. I wonder if Republicans would have bitched about her taking that position. Virtually nothing would get past her.

Pelosi appointing Shalala instead of Porter to Oversight of the Fed Bailout is so bad. Porter wanted the job and is clearly up for it. She’d been on Oversight and Federal Services! Shalala has no such experience. Pelosi is such a bad leader.

What? ....... why?

Shalala should never have run for that seat in the first place.

I’m just suggesting that a former Republican might need to put in their time repenting for their culpability in this mess and doing some groundwork to help the cause before advising progressives on how best to go about “the revolution.”

OK, but over 10 years?

What ideas was Pete Buttigieg trying to build a coalition around? Biden?

Pretty sure their websites are still up.

I’m sure Ph will have a reasonable response to this question.

Here's a shorter version: https://www.vox.com/2020/2/4/21121636/pete-buttigieg-beat-trump-win-2020-election-primaries

It's so funny how you all mention him more than I do.

That's disappointing. Katie eats rich execs for breakfast. But she's a suburban woman, so it's probably for the best. Can't trust them.

OK, but over 10 years?

Obama's first term was the last progressive presidential campaign and dude didn't vote for him, so idk. Bush/Bush/McCain/Obama/Clinton. That's a lot of support for regressive politics that laid the groundwork for Trump. I'm not going to give him a participation trophy, but let's keep up the good work!

Back