• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

I guess Bernie should drop any willingness to takeover if Biden is out due to Bernie's gender and racial pay and employment discrimination in 2016.

Are you incapable of critical thinking? I don't care who replaces Biden if it comes out that Biden sexually harassed and sexually abused one of his staffers. Let the DNC pick for all I care.

I guess Bernie should drop any willingness to takeover if Biden is out due to Bernie's gender and racial pay and employment discrimination in 2016.

Bernie publicly reckoned with allegations from 2016 and made them a centerpiece of the coalition he built in 2020.

Are you incapable of critical thinking? I don't care who replaces Biden if it comes out that Biden sexually harassed and sexually abused one of his staffers. Let the DNC pick for all I care.

President Pete. I like it.

Bernie publicly reckoned with allegations from 2016 and made them a centerpiece of the coalition he built in 2020.

Still did it...You want Joe to go away regardless. You should have the same criteria for Bernie.

The circumstances/facts of their respective claims (Ford vs. Reade) are more different than similar in my view. If the sole basis upon which to believe a sexual assault claim is whether somebody can allegedly corroborate that they reported their assault at some prior point in time - then you’re going to believe virtually any claim of sexual assault if that’s all the evidence you need. It’s one of many factors; but usually not sufficient alone. When weighed against all the other problems with Reade’s credibility, again namely that in 2019 she publicly reported harassment - not rape - and that she had publicly Re-tweeted support for Biden a few years ago (people typically do not do that in re: their rapists); the fact that she told a neighbor or family her story is not sufficient. I’m not sure where her public support for Putin falls into all this - but it’s definitely weird and probably damages her credibility with respect to whether politics plays a role in the timing of her claim.

Biden should directly address the claims and the media/law enforcement (unlikely as to the latter) are free to dig deeper into witnesses, her claims, etc. Ford had none of the inconsistencies of Reade, Kavanaugh pretty clearly lied under oath in addressing the claims, and even then when convinced by her sincerity, it was really kavanaugh’s behavior that disqualified him more than the weight of the evidence of her claims.

Last edited:
Biden should directly address the claims and the media/law enforcement (unlikely as to the latter) are free to dig deeper into witnesses, her claims, etc.

This sounds like a path forward.

And, sure, Ph - I'll be okay with Pete (or anybody for that matter) replacing Biden if it turns out that Biden sexually assaulted Tara Reade.

The circumstances/facts of their respective claims (Ford vs. Reade) are more different than similar in my view. If the sole basis upon which to believe a sexual assault claim is whether somebody can allegedly corroborate that they reported their assault at some prior point in time - then you’re going to believe virtually any claim of sexual assault if that’s all the evidence you need. It’s one of many factors; but usually not sufficient alone. When weighed against all the other problems with Reade’s credibility, again namely that in 2019 she publicly reported harassment - not rape - and that she had publicly Re-tweeted support for Biden a few years ago (people typically do not do that in re: their rapists); the fact that she told a neighbor or family her story is not sufficient. I’m not sure where her public support for Putin falls into all this - but it’s definitely weird and probably damages her credibility with respect to whether politics plays a role in the timing of her claim.

Biden should directly address the claims and the media/law enforcement (unlikely as to the latter) are free to dig deeper into witnesses, her claims, etc. Ford had none of the inconsistencies of Reade, Kavanaugh pretty clearly lied under oath in addressing the claims, and even then when convinced by her sincerity, it was really kavanaugh’s behavior that disqualified him more than the weight of the evidence of her claims.

This is a good post. Biden definitely should address it.

Still did it...You want Joe to go away regardless. You should have the same criteria for Bernie.

That’s not true. I said I want Joe to reckon with the decision and actually grow from it. He may not be capable of that. Bernie showed he was, elevating women to positions of influence and power, listening and responding to criticisms against him from women.

And one point of clarification from Jamison, are you suggesting that you give Reade less credibility because she publicly supported Biden or that generally that’s how the public perceives it?

Either way, sexual assault survivors don’t all act the same, many have survivors guilt, many relate to their assaulters, many blame themselves, many never tell a soul.

And one point of clarification from Jamison, are you suggesting that you give Reade less credibility because she publicly supported Biden or that generally that’s how the public perceives it?

Either way, sexual assault survivors don’t all act the same, many have survivors guilt, many relate to their assaulters, many blame themselves, many never tell a soul.

I wonder if Ph would be so condescending to Tarana Burke.

It's a good thread. I agree with her. It's a very fair and even handed take. She acknowledges what needs to change overall. I'm surprised you're more aligned with her than her critics.

It's a good thread. I agree with her. It's a very fair and even handed take. She acknowledges what needs to change overall. I'm surprised you're more aligned with her than her critics.

This election has really done a number on you, man.

What an awful, awful post and an even worse tweet.

Shameful, Ph.

Is this a real account? Seems sockpuppet-y.

"I'm surprised you're more aligned with her than her critics" is an excellent way to refuse to engage with people on here, damn. Think I'm done with Ph, too.

Ph is more interested in gotchas and rhetorical victories than advancing any meaningful discussion

Back