• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Every time you are put on hold or transferred, take a shot or a bong hit whichever is your preference. Having a dartboard handy wouldn't hurt.

?? who are you calling thats putting you on hold or transferring you?

With no help from Republicans?

Of course. But the GOP doesn't (with a straight face) claim that it actually helps African-American communities. The Democratic establishment's love affair with big business has greatly contributed to this continued inequality.

The country is crying out for a political party that actually values equality and civil rights over individual greed.

Sure. But you can’t ignore the massive elephant in the room active working against true structural change.

Democrats had full control of government for what four years since 1980 and in each of those two year periods they tried to push through either public health care or Healthcare with the public option

Democrats had full control of government for what four years since 1980 and in each of those two year periods they tried to push through either public health care or Healthcare with the public option

They also pushed a bunch of shit through that exacerbated health problems, poverty, crime, and incarceration, and let's not pretend that political parties are only accountable when in "full control", when half the terrible shit that Democrats do is in support of Republican initiatives. Unachieved good intentions do not make up for successful wrong doing. Just take PayGo for instance, Democrats sabotage progressive opportunities all the time.

Fuck does that have to do with this dipshit dogwhistle imperialism? I'm absolutely ashamed to be in the same fascist political party as the warmongering boomer shitheads that Biden is appealling to.

Screen_Shot_2016-04-20_at_4.22.55_PM.0.0.png

The typical black household has 10% of the wealth of a typical white household - the same as in 1960's

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/poli...ns-civil-rights-economic-progress1054AMVODtop

The Democratic Party establishment and its neo-liberal economic policies have failed black people for the last 50 years

The major difference of course is that Dems treat the black vote like a free square on a bingo card.

Devils advocate here - if 90% of black voters are Democrats, what place do white people have to complain about the party on their behalf?

I’m just making an observation.

If people are happy with the party, that’s certainly their prerogative.

This isn’t a crisis purely of the Dems’ making but it sure is bad!

I’m just making an observation.

If people are happy with the party, that’s certainly their prerogative.

If anyone thinks I'm speaking out of turn, please excuse me, but here is the problem with black dissidence from the Democratic Party (why its not happening)

1. Existential fear of the anti-black Republican Party winning - swing white moderates are bellwether of "electability"
2. Black conservatives are also Democrats
3. Democratic Party political involvement is a cultural institution in many black communities - sense of ownership in local politics
4. Black politicians have poor tax bases and rely on wealthy establishment donors to fund their campaigns, which engenders loyalty.

None of that really speaks to material improvements in black households, but it's a similar answer to why uneducated white rural voters vote Republican in spite of no material improvement for them. What are they gonna do, vote Democrat?

Another fold I'd put on your list is the GOP is actively attempting to disenfranchise the black vote and has for generations. Democratic mayors and city councilors may allow property developers to gentrify and redline and de-house their nonwhite citizens (and police them unequally) but they still want their votes when it comes time to draw districts.

None of that really speaks to material improvements in black households, but it's a similar answer to why uneducated white rural voters vote Republican in spite of no material improvement for them. What are they gonna do, vote Democrat?

Another fold I'd put on your list is the GOP is actively attempting to disenfranchise the black vote and has for generations. Democratic mayors and city councilors may allow property developers to gentrify and redline and de-house their nonwhite citizens (and police them unequally) but they still want their votes when it comes time to draw districts.

Thinking of the best way to express this thought - the way that leftists (myself included) consider politics, as simply a means of serving material interests, comes across as naive and entitled to many people who instead observe politics (i think) as a civil procedure necessary to manage society - which I think is a conceit driven by capitalism and American individualism - the lack of a collective responsibility. In America we all live and die on our own - success and suffering are simply testaments to work ethic and exceptionalism.

Last edited:

Is he referring to something specific? Is it something that specifically happened within the Democratic Party?

Back