• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Why don't you go ahead and whitesplain "normal times" to Ph?
Go fuck yourself, I dont need to get my experiences of suffering third hand from MSNBC, and I certainly don't need anyone to condescend to me about extraordinary political circumstances because they're mad about voters doing normal voter shit.

Go fuck yourself, I dont need to get my experiences of suffering third hand from MSNBC, and I certainly don't need anyone to condescend to me about extraordinary political circumstances because they're mad about voters doing normal voter shit.

Double yikes.

lol i told my dad's girlfriend to fuck off in a family zoom call cause she wasn't sure who she's voting for yet

my dad was not happy with me, and i was drunk

But most of us are happy with you and that's what matters.

also christ some of y'all should read the whole thread and chill

lol i told my dad's girlfriend to fuck off in a family zoom call cause she wasn't sure who she's voting for yet

tenor.gif

That's the correct action at this point. You're dad effectively c*ck blocked himself.

... No one expects 100%, but when 12% are voting for Trump, that's a problem and definitely different than just abstaining. If that happens again, well, you know.

Also, what Ph said.

http://https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2012/01/06/will-gop-skeptics-support-romney-general-election
" At the end of the day, 20% of those Clinton primary supporters report they voted for McCain."

Basically you're upset that Bernie got rural white anti-Hillary votes in the 2016 primary? Thats tough for you. Maybe you can go file a complaint with the manager of old white sexists. In the meantime, don't blame that stupid shit on leftists. We don't vote for Republicans.

In the meantime, don't blame that stupid shit on leftists. We don't vote for Republicans.

LOL. Ok. Some do, others vote libertarian or green. Others take their ball and go home. Understanding that it happens every cycle (which was not Osita's tweet), we are truly fucked as a nation if it happens to that extent this time.

If you want to try to equalize McCain and Trump, please go for it, I would enjoy it.

Also, screw any Hillary supporter who voted for McCain.

LOL. Ok. Some do, others vote libertarian or green. Others take their ball and go home. Understanding that it happens every cycle (which was not Osita's tweet), we are truly fucked as a nation if it happens to that extent this time.

If you want to try to equalize McCain and Trump, please go for it, I would enjoy it.

Also, screw any Hillary supporter who voted for McCain.

dude I know that you're just so aggrieved by "bernie or bust" voters, but for a Sociology professor it seems like you could have spent 5 minutes in the last 4 years to verify how statistically insignificant that small niche of voters was. Gary Johnson had something like 4 times as many votes as Jill Stein. You don't just get to wish away electoral variables because of how strongly you dislike the opponent.

A few questions:

1. Does anyone know how many Marco Rubio primary voters stayed home on election day 2016? Ted Cruz? Jeb Bush? Will those non-voters participate now?
2. Have any Democrats appealed to Gary Johnson to make sure he runs again? If he doesn't, won't Trump receive that many more votes?
3. Does anyone know who the 2020 Green Party candidate is, and how many votes they're expected to receive? How will that affect Joe Biden's total?

Seems these would be pertinent concerns for Democrats, who presumably from this thread, seem to believe that Presidential elections occur within a vacuum. For the sake of your mental health, I would begin processing the potential influence of these variables now.

dude I know that you're just so aggrieved by "bernie or bust" voters, but for a Sociology professor it seems like you could have spent 5 minutes in the last 4 years to verify how statistically insignificant that small niche of voters was. Gary Johnson had something like 4 times as many votes as Jill Stein. You don't just get to wish away electoral variables because of how strongly you dislike the opponent.

What are you talking about? No niche was insignificantly small given the margins by which Trump won Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. I showed that a few hours ago.

What are you talking about? No niche was insignificantly small given the margins by which Trump won Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. I showed that a few hours ago.

thanks for your analysis, but I prefer the opinion of a scientist who's not so obviously red-assed about Bernie
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/24/16194086/bernie-trump-voters-study
The Bernie voters who defected to Trump, explained by a political scientist
"In an interview, Schaffner noted that in an election this close, any number of voting blocs could have proved decisive. And the analysis certainly doesn’t necessarily prove Sanders would have won — Schaffner also found that 34 percent of John Kasich’s GOP primary supporters backed Clinton in the general; perhaps more would have stayed in the Republican camp had Sanders been the Democrats’ nominee, or perhaps fewer of Hillary Clinton’s voters would have voted for Sanders. Then again, it also suggests some voters were in Sanders’s reach that were out of Clinton’s.

Moreover, defections from a primary to general election are common. More voters went from Hillary Clinton to John McCain in 2008 than went from Sanders to Trump in 2016; about 13 percent of Trump’s 2016 voters also voted for Barack Obama in 2012.

...“The way to think about this is, as several people have noted, that this election was so close that any number of things could have proved the decisive difference,” Schaffner said in an interview. “This is yet another one of those anythings.”

..One piece of this that’s important to keep in context is that you always see this kind of defection between a primary and a general election. In 2008, you saw a lot of Hillary Clinton voters who ended up backing John McCain — so it's not abnormal to see this kind of thing. And more of them did so in 2008 than this time. [15 percent of Clinton’s 2008 voters in the primary supported McCain in that year’s general election.] Although given the candidates this time versus in 2008, it may have been surprising to see even this rate of defection."

Primary voter defection is a constant variable. It will literally be a factor in every election. The implication that Bernie Sanders primary supporters should somehow be immune or exempt to that rule is ridiculous.

The first sentence you quoted is the same thing I said. What is your point? Defects are normal? No shit. These aren't normal times. Defections are a problem that needs to be fixed.

Engel now using GOP tactics against Bowman, filing a suit trying to invalidate absentee votes. Cool establishment you've got here.

Engel now using GOP tactics against Bowman, filing a suit trying to invalidate absentee votes. Cool establishment you've got here.

'Trump will win if Bernie Bros don't fall in line behind the...oh wait...'

establishment dems be like

donald trump and kanye west pose serious electoral threats to our awesome and most electable guy we could think of

Back