• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

You should be proud of your R then, stop hiding from it and its candidates and their policies. Be strong, I know you can do it

yep, they are winning policies. when faced with the policies of Dems or Republicans, voters overwhelmingly chose Republicans. the Republicans who are led by Donald Trump.

Do you believe the prisons are full of wrongly convicted persons?

The way to prevent mass incarceration is to raise children to be productive members of society. How many people from your circle of high school friends are current incarcerated?

Crime has fallen over the last 25 years, and we continue to incarcerate people at a rate 6-7 times that of other developed nations. Why do you think that is?

It's weird that people who spend every waking moment obsessing about race are convinced that other people are racists. I haven't brought it up yet, you all trip over yourselves to do it at every chance. Odd, this.

I agree with this. I'm not calling anyone racist but it is strange how so many obsess over the color of someone's skin.

A poorly-thought-out war on drugs is definitely part of our incarceration problem. Also, the cratering of the family structure and a lack of employment opportunities in the entry and lower skilled work force leads to more people turning towards crime as a way of life.

Progress! So what if our poorly-thought-out war on drugs was a factor in the "cratering of the family structure?"

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

John Ehrlichman

Even ignoring one of the motivating forces for the War on Drugs and focusing solely on the possible connection between the incarceration rate and the War on Drugs:

US_incarceration_rate_timeline.gif

So if JHMD's post is correct (that "the family structure was starting to fail before the War on Drugs") why does the incarceration rate take so long to tick up based on the data above? It's almost as if the War on Drugs and Sentencing Reform Act had a meaningful impact.

Given that the family structure was starting to fail before the War on Drugs, at best/worst it's a factor in aggravation.

Back to my question: how many of your friends in high school eventually used illegal drugs at some point in their life? How many are presently incarcerated? If there is a mismatch between those numbers, we probably need to keep searching for other explanations.

I'm not sure what you are attempting to argue here. Can you please clarify?

I agree with this. I'm not calling anyone racist but it is strange how so many obsess over the color of someone's skin.

Dude, you specifically posted awhile back that you didn't find dark skinned women attractive. Obviously skin color matters to you if you use it to decide who to date and marry.

I don't know if you're being willingly ignorant of our history. White people before you obsessed about skin color to the point that they systematic stripped power from people with different skin color. Now you can mock people obsessed with getting that power back to bring equality.

So they didn't "start to expand" they continued expansion.

Looking at "all groups" on that chart and using 1965 as a cut off, the rate changed from roughly 4% to 9% between 1950 and 1965. Between 1965 and 1980, from 9% to 19%. Both 15 year periods experienced roughly a doubling of the rate.

Its tripled since your party decided to win the war on poverty with big government solutions.

Good job, good effort.

You can't just look at rates in a vacuum if you're looking for causative factors - you have to also look at the baseline rate prior to when the variable is introduced.

What time period are you using for Democrats "decid[ing] to win the war on poverty?"

Its tripled since your party decided to win the war on poverty with big government solutions.

Good job, good effort.

That is a property of a logistic growth curves. All it means is that the trend was insensitive to policy, not that policy caused it.

I like the which one of your friends did illegal drugs and turned out alright question. Since jhmd’s Republican war on drug friends love making laws, my number of drug using friends is pretty close to everyone since marijuana is still illegal. Has the whitey tighty wearing straight edge Jhmd done drugs, the prediction is a hard no.

Dude, you specifically posted awhile back that you didn't find dark skinned women attractive. Obviously skin color matters to you if you use it to decide who to date and marry.

I don't know if you're being willingly ignorant of our history. White people before you obsessed about skin color to the point that they systematic stripped power from people with different skin color. Now you can mock people obsessed with getting that power back to bring equality.

The point is quite simple: it will never happen for a community dominated by single parent households.

Last edited:
Back