• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

The point is quite simple: it will never happen for a community dominated by single parent households.

Isn't the current discussion on here about how to decrease the number of single parent households by getting at a major causative factor (war on drugs and incarceration rate)?

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: The Empire Strikes Back

The statistics you provided show that the rate already doubled in the 15 years preceding the war on poverty. I’m not saying this means that you’re wrong (although I believe you are) just that the evidence that you’re providing doesn’t prove what you say it does.

The time period immediately after the Democrats announced the war on poverty, and rolled out legislation to that effect: the late 1960's.

I'm probably not going to get you to agree that the the government's effort to increase subsistence payments to families chased private money and responsibility out. I can't even get Chris to agree that de jure racial discrimination is racist. I must not be very persuasive.

In this particular case it is because you don't understand logistic growth curves.

Enough of this fancy schmancy nerd talk. "A" happened, then "B" happened. Obviously, A caused B, nuff said.

You guys are in denial. It's cool.

Haha! The only thing you can conclude from the graphs you provided is that the war on poverty did nothing affect the logistic growth curve because the pattern of growth was already evident prior to the advent of the policies. But really, you can't even conclude that because the policies might have influenced the beta parameters (i.e., the slope and inflection point) or the K parameter (i.e., the maximum) of the relationship, but there is no way to know.

if you keep engaging in counterproductive behavior, it's difficult to argue that you should still get ahead

drinking?
eating fast food?
not exercising?

successful people engage in counterproductive behavior all the time.

Last edited:
The point is quite simple: it will never happen for a community dominated by single parent households.

So which is it? Choose life or get an abortion to avoid being a single parent?

get married, stay married, and raise a family

Would you marry a pregnant black woman?

Hell, would you even date a black woman?

I've posted all the stats before, but it's hard as hell for a black woman to get married for a variety of relevant reasons that you won't care about. You'll just keep posting dumb stuff like that without ignoring all the factors that you support that make getting married, staying married, and raising a family more difficult for minorities than for white people.

Back