• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

The Olbermann stuff is meh. Good on him for dating a hot mid-30s leftist state senator before she turned horrible.

speaking of horrible, did we talk about hillary praising neo-fascist meloni? girlboss!

Somebody's grandma said something that wasn't well-thoughout. It's not an endorsement.

Early this month, Hillary Clinton made some embarrassing comments about the then-forthcoming election of Giorgia Meloni as Italy’s first woman prime minister. “The election of the first woman prime minister in a country always represents a break with the past, and that is certainly a good thing,” the former secretary of state said.

Good article in general by the way.

Being a woman — a white woman, that is — is not in conflict with Meloni’s fascism. White supremacy has always relied on active enforcement by white women, particularly when it comes to upholding racist, pro-natalist narratives.
Meloni, like her less polished far-right counterparts in the U.S. Congress — Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene, among others — weaponizes her role as woman and mother to police the boundaries of womanhood and reproduction. She has framed her poisonous anti-immigrant positions as a defense of Italian (white) women’s safety, conjuring well-worn tropes of migrants “importing” sexual violence.
For those who would like to defend women’s reproductive freedoms but not support trans rights, Meloni, like the U.S. far right, offers another reminder that these issues must not be disentangled. Attacking gender-divergent people is as much a centerpiece of fascism as is pro-natalism. And, as with the Brothers of Italy’s entire program, it’s no less fascist when a woman says it.

Meanwhile world politicians gather in Japan to pay their respects to an assassinated fascist.

Good Intercept link, Ph.

I have found the coverage of the liberalization of /protests in Iran to be despicable, alongside how Cuba’s same sex marriage referendum has been written up. Meanwhile NYT columnist Douthat has diagnosed the rise in fascism in Italy, Spain, and Hungary as an immigration problem.

Doesn’t help, then when a former Secretary of State and presidential candidate (erm, grandmother) can’t be arsed to sniff out the fascism in Italy, just opting for more girlboss nonsense. Nobody needs her commentary if that’s it.

HRC shouldn't have said that and probably should have boned up on Italian politics a little more before going to Italy. As she said she didn't know much about her.

Nothing excites a leftist like bashing her.

HRC is playing chess...saying something nice about Meloni and the Republicans will surely go the other way, just for spite.

How far away are we from the point where comments from HRC are irrelevant? I mean, I hit that point right after election day in 2016. But I mean for everyone else.

And to be clear, I am not condoning what she said. I just don't give a shit what her opinion is on stuff. Nor do I give a shit about the opinions of her shitbag husband.

Please stop saying "girlboss."
Is there a more appropriate shorthand for what the sentiment captures?

Anyway I’ll be glad to stop caring about HRC. Here’s hoping the party does the same.

Speaking of which, the Occupy Democrats embezzlement story is fun.

How far away are we from the point where comments from HRC are irrelevant? I mean, I hit that point right after election day in 2016. But I mean for everyone else.

And to be clear, I am not condoning what she said. I just don't give a shit what her opinion is on stuff. Nor do I give a shit about the opinions of her shitbag husband.
How long after the 88 election did we scrutinize Dukakis comments about anything? Al Gore after 00? Caring about Hillary is a waste of time. She is not the current or future leader of the Democratic Party and was only the leader for about 5 months in 2016. She is irrelevant.

Back