• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

progressives are like the OWGs who defend Ron Wellman: we'll take our moral victories, thank you very much

Paulette Jordan Is Running For Governor. Who Will Follow Her?

Winning in November might ultimately matter less than what a Jordan candidacy would symbolize to many in Idaho, long accustomed to a certain (white, largely male) type of representation. As Lisa Sánchez, who was recently elected as Boise’s first Latina city council representative, put it, “Paulette offers the promise of a new kind of public servant. Whether you’re a woman, or a Chicana, or an indigenous person, you’ve received these messages for so long: that you don’t belong here, that this sort of work, this sort of power, this sort of position isn’t for you. Whether Paulette wins or loses, she’s sending a message that says: You know what, this is for people like us, as well.”

Yet in a year where so much energy is not just on Democratic candidates, but women candidates in general, it’s easy to see why voters are attracted to Jordan. As is the case in so many primaries, the election will likely come down to which candidate is energizing voters, which candidate makes them want to show up on a Tuesday in May — and, specific to Idaho, which one will make Democrats who’ve changed their party membership (so as to vote in closed Republican primaries and select the “least wackadoodle” candidate) come home to vote in the (open) Democratic primary.

There's always going to be an excuse to defend the status quo, no matter how bad the status quo is. Very important to note who is providing the excuses, and how they are motivated.

It’s a sad reason. The far left is unreliable and gets pissy when their candidates don’t win primaries.

I’m talking about the far left. That’s what I said.

Dumbasses get worked up and believe stuff like “Bill Nelson is no different than Rick Scott” and don’t show up. Then they rest on their moral laurels by saying “Well I didn’t vote for either of them. The whole system is corrupt.”

Meanwhile, the far right gets in line and shows up. And that’s why white nationalism is guiding policy and far left ideology stays sidelined.

Exactly who the f*** is the far-left and how did you count their votes? Please show me the voting participation data for leftists.

This is hilarious. You keep ranting that leftists shouldn’t show up to vote for centrists. I claim they don’t. You get pissed and ask me to show evidence.

This is hilarious. You keep ranting that leftists shouldn’t show up to vote for centrists. I claim they don’t. You get pissed and ask me to show evidence.
I've never advocated not voting, at least not in the discussions we've had today. I think MHB has, but i'm not going to speak for him.

I've been clear all along that my beef was with the primary system, and the party apparatus gaming it for fundraising.

Anyways, who the hell cares what I advocated doing. If you're going to spout some bullshit about leftists being unreliable and not voting then you need to provide some receipts. Otherwise you're lying.

I can already tell you that Bernie's primary supporters voted for Hillary at a higher rate than Hillary's primary supporters voted for Obama in 08'...and i've got receipts for that shit.
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#val=USP00p3

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-vote-for-trump-to-cost-clinton-the-election/

And only like 2% of them stayed home.

Last edited:
Dude, if you still think people should vote for a McCaskill than why are you arguing with people who agree with you?

Dude, if you still think people should vote for a McCaskill than why are you arguing with people who agree with you?
If I vote for the same people you all do, why do you flip out every time I rightfully call them worthless pieces of shit? Nobody asked you to defend Claire McCaskill, yet here you still are.

I’m not defending her. I’m saying she’s better than the Republican alternative and Missouri leftists should vote for her in the general instead of staying home.

You say you agree with that but you keep arguing for some reason.

I don’t advocate not voting. I support automatic registration and online voting. I support ACLU and have done some phone banking for voting rights events. I hope to volunteer to help set up voting in local jails. But i also don’t believe in this Hobson’s choice that you have to vote for the worst democrats. For that opinion I’m labeled an idiot and the reason why Trump won. Yes, it was me, a member of a 35,000 member political organization that lost the election. Not the political organization that spent billions of dollars. I actually voted for Hillary and have said so before. I would not vote for McCaskill. I think i will vote for a labor lawyer dem running for Yoder’s seat but i don’t know if i would vote for other Dems.

Vote Green Party, vote DSA, vote independents, write-in whoever you want. The party with the most votes wins. It’s their fault if they lose. Dems should turn out more voters by organizing with poor and working class people and offer them something that will materially improve their lives. But they don’t want to do that because of property values and the quality of their kids education. If your politics involve shaming people for not voting for your candidates, then I want no part of that politics.

Voting for the Green Party in an election they have no chance of winning IS not voting.

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: A New Hope

What’s there to argue about? Either wreck the established Dem party machine or put in the work to build a party machine from scratch. Don’t just cast self-righteous meaningless votes in the name of black people with the white privilege to avoid the consequences.

I am trying to build something from scratch. It’s why I joined the DSA. The Democratic Party has just as much blame for putting black people in cages than any party. So I’m not going to tell a black person in Chicago that he has to vote for Rahm. Or someone whose family is in Rikers to vote for Cuomo. I would not take away someone’s agency by saying they have to vote for a democrat. I agree with Chance. Black people don’t have to be democrats. Racism pervades both parties. One is just more insidious than the other. It is really scary that any dissent to the party line is treated with such animosity. Why is my opinion so toxic?

Back