• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Looks like Pelosi has gone the revenge route against those who didn't support her, blocking Kathleen Rice from the House Judiciary Committee.

no true bernie voter
Real Bros:

"Of the ones that switched to Trump, only about 25 percent also voted for a Democratic candidate for Congress."

"Of those Bernie voters who supported Trump in the general election, the average age was 52."

"Only about 17 to 18 percent say that they're liberal, in any kind of way,... 
By contrast, about 45 percent of these Bernie-Trump voters say they're ‘middle of the road’ — basically, a lot of them see themselves as “moderates.” Meanwhile, another 35 percent of them are claiming to be either somewhat conservative or very conservative."

Those voters are all definitely DSA members now.

Real Bros:

"Of the ones that switched to Trump, only about 25 percent also voted for a Democratic candidate for Congress."

"Of those Bernie voters who supported Trump in the general election, the average age was 52."

By contrast, about 45 percent of these Bernie-Trump voters say they're ‘middle of the road’ — basically, a lot of them see themselves as “moderates.” Meanwhile, another 35 percent of them are claiming to be either somewhat conservative or very conservative."

no, certainly not. but your argument is it's a small sample and all your friends would never vote for trump.

no, certainly not. but your argument is it's a small sample and all your friends would never vote for trump.
My argument is that shoo is purposefully misportraying Bernie-Trump voters as young purity leftists, when they were actually just older misogynists and racists, very similar i'm sure to the Hillary-McCain voters of 2008

So your contention (and shoo's) is that everyone that voted for Bernie is a Bernie Bro or DSA member?

Where the hell does this even come from? No one made that claim -- you guys are so far up your own asses its unbelievable. Nor did anyone say they were the sole reason -- just that there were enough Bernie and DSA and Stein donks who either stayed home or voted for Trump that Trump was elected. I don't even think this is debatable given how close the gap was in WI, MI, and PA.

My argument is that shoo is purposefully misportraying Bernie-Trump voters as young purity leftists, when they were actually just older misogynists and racists, very similar i'm sure to the Hillary-McCain voters of 2008

The only thing I am portraying them as is partially responsible for Trump. And those who are not just older misogynists and racists who stayed home or voted Trump (your, purity leftists) deserve the blame as well.

Literally any support for that claim sociologist?

Real Bros:

There you go, MHB. Thanks MDMH.

The only thing I am portraying them as is partially responsible for Trump. And those who are not just older misogynists and racists who stayed home or voted Trump (your, purity leftists) deserve the blame as well.

I just told you who they are. Im not going to let you get away with blaming leftists for Trump when we didnt vote for him. You're full of shit trying to make that accusation and there is exit polling data that proves it. I know it makes you real mad that people argue with you on a message board, but that doesnt mean you get to fucking lie about who we voted for. Cut that shit out.

I just told you who they are. Im not going to let you get away with blaming leftists for Trump when we didnt vote for him. You're full of shit trying to make that accusation and there is exit polling data that proves it. I know it makes you real mad that people argue with you on a message board, but that doesnt mean you get to fucking lie about who we voted for. Cut that shit out.

some of them clearly did. either that or we have to conclude that Bernie's popularity was just a fad

You just told me who some of them are. And if there are other leftists like you who either voted for Trump (there are), or who stayed home (there are), then they are partially to blame. Sorry that bothers you.

some of them clearly did. either that or we have to conclude that Bernie's popularity was just a fad
This is nonsense. You're talking about the 10% of Bernie primary voters voted for Trump, and then 17% of that 10% identied as liberal. So roughly 1.7% of Bernies primary voters, who identified as liberal, voter for Trump. So you're talking about <2%. At this point you're just fucking trolling.

How many Republican primary voters switched to Clinton in the general? How many Clinton primary voters switched to McCain in 08. You all are talking about something that happens to every candidate in every election. Its a mathematical certainty in every election. Had Bernie won the primary, their would have been plenty of Clinton-Trump voters.

How many Republican primary voters switched to Clinton in the general? How many Clinton primary voters switched to McCain in 08. You all are talking about something that happens to every candidate in every election. Its a mathematical certainty in every election. Had Bernie won the primary, their would have been plenty of Clinton-Trump voters.

You're changing the argument, and that's fine as it what you do. I would have similarly called out and blamed Clinton-Trump voters had that scenario happened. No chance I wouldn't have voted for Bernie.

And you keep leaving out those who stayed home or voted for someone other than Trump or Hillary -- which all in is more than 20% of Bernie voters. Is that just the old racists who were attracted to Bernie for some reason?

Last edited:
There you go, MHB. Thanks MDMH.

Ok, I'm confused.

mdmh's answer is different than:

"The more likely conclusion is that there were plenty of bros who voted for Bernie because they didn’t want Hillary (or any woman to win). Some of those bros also voted for Trump.

The Bernie folks think their coalition is bigger than it is basically due to toxic masculinity."

Unless its semantics on who we are calling bros. Unless I'm wrong we are saying the people that switched don't fit the definition of whatever your preferred definition of bernie bro is?

What is a bernie bro? I understand the criticism of our whiteness, and we are very homogeneously white at this time in our general membership, but I've met more gay, poly-amorous, bi, trans and gender non-conforming people, etc. in my short time in DSA than ever in my life. Our 5 person executive committee has to include diversity of race, gender, and sexual orientation.

Do the swing left/indivisible contingent of Johnson County white women that helped get Sharice Davids elected get the same criticism for their whiteness? No, you just use it as an excuse to dismiss leftists.

So I get the temptation to continue to smear all leftists as Bernie Bros, but its problematic as fuck, and erases the presence of black, brown, LGBT, etc. leftists.

And I don't even know what your last statement means.

Thread title update is spot fucking on (and I blame myself as part of it)

Back