• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Well you’re in Chicago.

My area is a swing neighborhood of a swing city in a swing county in a swing region of a swing state and the neighborhood Democratic Club didn’t exist until January 2017. And it’s basically whoever wants to run it.

One reason Indivisible and Emily’s List etc has been successful is they’re actually organized and the official Dem party largely isn’t.

There is an old joke about the last part of the quoted. "I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat."

the statement was about old lefty reflexes

looks like confusion is another old lefty reflex
It's your party's jingoist imperialism that sends Americans all over the world to get killed protecting "our" vulturous economic interests. You call it "protecting our freedom".

It's your party's jingoist imperialism that sends Americans all over the world to get killed protecting "our" vulturous economic interests. You call it "protecting our freedom".

But we thank them for their service, so it's all good.

Pubs getting scared.

36517360_10212191298439937_8773331812958076928_n.jpg

Oh man. Those are hilarious.

Kelly is America's favorite cartoonist and a credit to humanity.

New Yorkers had been trying for over a year to get Chuck Schumer to hold a town hall in Brooklyn. He finally agreed..... but then didn't make it due to plane issues.

Republicans in Congress and D.C. Democrats agree: Overturn voters on hourly wage hike

Democrats who run the District and their ultraconservative GOP foes in Congress have found something they agree on: annulling an hourly wage hike approved by D.C. voters.

Progressive activists on social media quickly pointed out the irony of the situation.

“I love when the Council for our progressive, overwhelmingly Democratic city is on the same page as *checks notes* the chair of the Freedom Caucus,” tweeted Morgan Finkelstein, a staffer for the Center for American Progress.

As a lawyer, I can tell you that anyone can sue for pretty much anything. Doesn't mean it will go anywhere, but it will always be a pain in the ass for whomever is getting sued.

umm...

Ocasio-Cortez Confronts Crowley Over His ‘Third-Party Challenge’

...It did not take long for Mr. Crowley to respond. In the first of three Twitter posts, he wrote, “Alexandria, the race is over and Democrats need to come together. I’ve made my support for you clear and the fact that I’m not running. We’ve scheduled phone calls and your team has not followed through.”

As for the fact that his name will remain on the ballot in the November, Mr. Crowley wrote in a second Twitter post that there are “lots of questions about WFP line,” adding that he was “honored to have their support.” But, he added, “for record you can only be removed from the ballot if 1) you move out of NY; 2) die; 3) be convicted of a crime; 4) accept a nomination for another office (in a place I don’t live).”

There are no residency requirements, however, for some offices, and election lawyers say Mr. Crowley could put his name in nomination for any number of positions.

Representative Crowley concluded: “I don’t plan on moving out of New York, have a clean record, hope God’s will is that I don’t die, and won’t commit what I honestly believe to be election fraud.”

The heated exchange was the first break in what had appeared to be a remarkably genial relationship; hours after Ms. Ocasio-Cortez shocked the political world by beating the 10-term Democratic incumbent, Mr. Crowley led his band through a credible version of a Bruce Springsteen song, dedicating it to her.

But on Thursday, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez seemed to suggest that the dedication rang hollow.

In a follow-up Twitter post, she wrote, “So much for ‘Born to Run.’”

Nope! You may be thinking of another lower-case-a starting poster, I sometimes see them and think "I don't remember posting that."

I don't think awaken is a lawyer either.

Back