• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Wait, his uncle gave him a gun even though he had been bailed out recently? If so, blood is on his hands too. WTF

his Father gave him the gun for his birthday in April. Not sure when the arrest was.

Agreed. One of the biggest ways to curb gun violence is to make people who transfer guns partially liable for the gun-related actions of whomever they transferred it to.

For real? Wow. Good post, 2&2.

For real? Wow. Good post, 2&2.

Oh I'm definitely in favor of tighter gun restrictions: outlaw high capacity mags, outlaw bumpfire mods, require liability insurance, national registration database, liability for transferors, etc. I'm in favor of gun ownership in theory (I own several and have a CCP), but we also need to take the consequences of them much more seriously and handle it in a much more responsible manner than we currently do. It is completely absurd that we require insurance for car ownership but not for gun ownership.

Reactions: DDA
Oh I'm definitely in favor of tighter gun restrictions: outlaw high capacity mags, outlaw bumpfire mods, require liability insurance, national registration database, liability for transferors, etc. I'm in favor of gun ownership in theory (I own several and have a CCP), but we also need to take the consequences of them much more seriously and handle it in a much more responsible manner than we currently do. It is completely absurd that we require insurance for car ownership but not for gun ownership.

Well said. There's a happy medium between both sides that is rarely discussed.

My pastor and much of the church leadership are avid gun enthusiasts. I'm pretty sure they don't carry during service but I'm curious if that will change.

It's not any different than repping slavery era Confederate flags.
Not really, because most of the confederate flag-sporting nuts can at least claim that it represents heritage or southern culture or their fallen ancestors. Unless this dude has Afrikaans blood, he might just be a racist embracing another racist ideology (and it's iconography).

Would you say that about an Afrikaner repping the pre-apartheid flag? Or a German repping a Nazi flag?

Southerners who rep the Confederate flag get a free pass for supporting the most anti-American state policies in our history and the "heritage" made possible by slavery.

I agree that a strong buy-back program is one of the first steps, but the United States has about 300 million firearms that exist in this country. I think it's a problem of a greater magnitude than it ever was in Australia.

We also have a population and an economy of a much greater magnitude than Australia. If we had the political will to do it, it could be done. I do think that there would be some gun-nut related violence in implementing it, like Israeli settlers resisting the Israeli army kind of thing.

This is a solid post.

Well said. There's a happy medium between both sides that is rarely discussed.

My pastor and much of the church leadership are avid gun enthusiasts. I'm pretty sure they don't carry during service but I'm curious if that will change.

The most mind numbing problem in this country is that there is no room to move the needle for guns. Any proposed change, no matter how minor, is a "slippery slope" that ends with "theyz comin' to get yur guns!!" I agree with the statement upthread that if Sandy Hook couldn't instigate any change, nothing will, least of all shooting up a black church.

The guy allegedly reloaded 5 times and left one victim alive so she could tell people exactly what happened?!?

Obama nailed it in his comments: "At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries."

Obama nailed it in his comments: "At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries."

Americans give zero fucks what commielibs in Europe are doing.

Back