• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Two Iowa police officers ambushed and shot to death, apparently by some white dude angry because some police (although not the ones shot) trampled on his First Amendment rights to wave a Confederate flag in front of some black people at a high school football game. http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/02/us/iowa-police-shooting/index.html

Strange that this is the first I'm hearing of this. You'd think the #BlueLivesMatter crowd would been all over it.

Strange that this is the first I'm hearing of this. You'd think the #BlueLivesMatter crowd would been all over it.

If a black guy had killed the cops, this thread would have been at page 208+ by now and bkf would have called you a racist at least 3 times.

Prayers for the cops' families.

Nothing to see here.

Outrage for 2-3 days and then sit back and wait until the next mass slaughter.

Nothing to see here.

You are missing some steps.

1. Wait for the facts.
2. Thoughts & Prayers
3. Get angry about politicizing events
4. Wait for the next one

Of course if step 1 reveals MOSLEM shooter(s)...

I'm actually genuinely curious to see if Trump tweets about this.

I've been told by many folks on here that Trump is going to be an excellent president w.r.t. gun control. He's got a month and change to get his plan together. Legitimately pulling for him.

I actually think there is potential for this. I don't think it will be through carefully thought out planning though. I think it's more likely that the first time he has to call the families of victims it impacts him in a way that makes his reactionary vindictiveness kick in and he will come down hard on the gun industry.

What in Trump's life on Earth makes you think he has ever really cared about anyone other than himself? Or maybe his own kids?

It would come close to making all of *this* worth while if Trump is the one who actually cracks down on guns. He was right when he said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose a vote, but if he takes a gun away from someone on 5th avenue, it would light his base on fire.

Nothing to see here.

Not even waiting 2-3 days. How about 2 hours. All the major news channels are off the OSU story and are now discussing Trump.

You are missing some steps.

1. Wait for the facts.
2. Thoughts & Prayers
3. Get angry about politicizing events
4. Wait for the next one

Of course if step 1 reveals MOSLEM shooter(s)...

I'm actually genuinely curious to see if Trump tweets about this.

oh man. hopes and prayers with the people of Ohio. WE can circle back to your pre mature circle jerk later.

It would come close to making all of *this* worth while if Trump is the one who actually cracks down on guns. He was right when he said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose a vote, but if he takes a gun away from someone on 5th avenue, it would light his base on fire.

Not really. He's in favor of stop and frisk as is much of his base.

Gotta ban them killer autos.
Also ban all knives with detachable handles and flash suppressors.

Back