• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Spokane school shooter killed teen who tried to protect his peers

A teenage boy is dead after he stood up to protect his peers from a gunman who opened fire at a high school near Spokane, Washington, on Wednesday.

Three others were wounded in the attack — all three high schoolers — but are expected to survive. The gunman, armed with a handgun and an AR-15, is also believed to be a student at Freeman High School. He was arrested and is currently in custody at the Spokane County juvenile jail, according to a statement from the sheriff’s office.

The shooter had brought multiple guns to school concealed in a duffle bag, just one day after Freeman held a schoolwide drill on what to do in the event of a school shooting. Deputy Mark Gregory told VICE News that their agency by law cannot confirm the name of the shooter because he is a juvenile.

“He shot one young man, and then I crouched down to the floor and then he shot the girl next to me and she fell down,” one freshman told MyNorthWest. “And as everyone was running, I could just hear her screaming ‘Help me.’”

Shooter reportedly a sophomore.

Can we start calling school shootings terror attacks? Because that's essentially what they are.

Perhaps this is a hate crime and the shooter was targeting Christians. If the shooter, no matter his race, was targeting Christians, would many posters on The Tunnels consider this a hate crime?

There HAS to be a number of mass shootings where all of us, including the NRA and the politicians in their pockets, go "Wow. That's a lot of mass shootings. Maybe there is a problem."

Is the number 10,000 in a year? I don't think so. 50,000? Probably still good ol' Muricans exercising their God given 2nd amendment right. 100,000? I think we would be getting there, but still probably a few hold outs who would like us to know about this one time someone broke in to a home to rape the wife and the husband killed him with his .44.

I think the number is a 1,000,000. If there were 1,000,000 mass shootings in the US in one year, we could all start talking about the problem.

There HAS to be a number of mass shootings where all of us, including the NRA and the politicians in their pockets, go "Wow. That's a lot of mass shootings. Maybe there is a problem."

Is the number 10,000 in a year? I don't think so. 50,000? Probably still good ol' Muricans exercising their God given 2nd amendment right. 100,000? I think we would be getting there, but still probably a few hold outs who would like us to know about this one time someone broke in to a home to rape the wife and the husband killed him with his .44.

I think the number is a 1,000,000. If there were 1,000,000 mass shootings in the US in one year, we could all start talking about the problem.

Problem is, those people genuinely believe that the guns are not the issue in these mass shootings. It's always something else that is to blame, whether it's mental health, video games, religion, etc., they will twist themselves in the most extreme ways to remove guns from having anything to do with it.

Even Sandy Hook didn't lead to any significant gun control laws. That's when the writing was on the wall that gun control will not happen in America until all the olds die off and 70% of America is Democrat.

Even then it won't happen. The NRA is just as in the pockets of the dems as the reps.

This kid killed one stabbed another.

Hey everybody! Guns aren't dangerous because someone stabbed somebody!

This likely needs its own thread. Sounds like it could be one of the worst civilian mass casualty events in US history.

Texas Tech student kills campus cop during a search of his room.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...mpus-police-officer-reportedly-killed-n809281

From what I know, this is the first casualty related to the Texas campus carry law.

Sounds like he shot the officer at the police headquarters, where he had been taken after they found drugs in his room during a wellness check. Not that it makes it any better - maybe even worse.

Edit: Sounds like they caught the shooter; a Texas Tech freshman. You go off to college and end up on death row a few months later ...

Last edited:
Yeah. Thanks. I read that wrong. I guess I couldn't have believed the cops would let him get a shot off at the station.

Guess he spoke too soon.

Last edited:
Back