• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Utah Man Killed City Official and Set Fire to Her Body, Truck and a Nearby Home, Police Say

A Utah man upset by complaints about the condition of his property summoned a code enforcement officer to his home on Aug. 9, only to fatally shoot her in the head and light her body on fire, according to an arrest document filed in Salt Lake City on Tuesday.

The man, Kevin Wayne Billings, 64, proceeded to set fire to the officer’s truck and the home of his neighbors, who he suspected had reported his violations to the city, according to the police. Four dogs died in the blaze, and the house was a total loss.

Just using his 2nd Amendment rights to stand up to tyrannical government.

A neighbor investigating the commotion confronted Mr. Billings, who was sitting on his walker in his driveway with a “smirk” on his face, according to the arrest document.

“Why did you shoot her?” the neighbor asked.

He responded, “I’ve had all the harassment I can take.”

Thanks for posting the link to the WaPo gun facts which appears to have been lifted almost verbatim from a report issued by Rahm Emanuel's office.

So if 60% of the guns were purchased from out of state that means 40% of the guns were purchased in Illinois, correct?

Therefore, guns purchased in Illinois accounted for approximately 4 of the 10 killed over one weekend in Chicago in early August (and over 24 of the 60+ injured).

That's still a substantial number. Does the Tunnels Left disagree?

And speaking of Mayor Rahm... it looks like he became a racist rube overnight based on his comments below:

“This may not be politically correct, but I know the power of what faith and family can do,” the mayor said. “Our kids need that structure… I am asking…that we also don’t shy away from a full discussion about the importance of family and faith helping to develop and nurture character, self respect, a value system and a moral compass that allows kids to know good from bad and right from wrong.

“We are going to discuss issues that have been taboo in years past because they are part of the solution,“ Emanuel said. “And we cannot be scared to have this conversation.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/rahm-emanuel-right-message-wrong-messenger-chicago-violence-race-relations-mary-mitchell/

Angus, what do you think about this chart?

Angus, you still haven't answered my question.

Yep. Gun violence is a problem in the US. What would you like to see done about it?

Why bother using states' various laws and regulations as laboratories when we can rely on gut feelings regarding gun deaths?

Well yeah, but does that count the number of bad guys stopped by those gun deaths? What about the babies those bad guys would have had that would have gone onto be bad guys and have more bad guy babies!? I rest my case.

Breaking news there was a shooting with multiple fatalities today at Jacksonville Landing where we all partied for the ACC Championship Game.

Thanks for posting the link to the WaPo gun facts which appears to have been lifted almost verbatim from a report issued by Rahm Emanuel's office.

So if 60% of the guns were purchased from out of state that means 40% of the guns were purchased in Illinois, correct?

Therefore, guns purchased in Illinois accounted for approximately 4 of the 10 killed over one weekend in Chicago in early August (and over 24 of the 60+ injured).

That's still a substantial number. Does the Tunnels Left disagree?

And speaking of Mayor Rahm... it looks like he became a racist rube overnight based on his comments below:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/rahm-emanuel-right-message-wrong-messenger-chicago-violence-race-relations-mary-mitchell/

So the guns purchased legally in Illinois account for a good percentage of the gun deaths?

Breaking news there was a shooting with multiple fatalities today at Jacksonville Landing where we all partied for the ACC Championship Game.

According to one account the shooter was a player who lost in the tournament. WTF

It was a Madden 19 tournament. Somehow they’ll blame black NFL players.

24 year old white guy from Baltimore who had lost earlier in the day. Two of the victims were playing at the time. The Twitch feed showed a laser point on one of the players before the shooting started.

3 dead plus the shooter. 15 injured.

24 year old white guy from Baltimore who had lost earlier in the day. Two of the victims were playing at the time. The Twitch feed showed a laser point on one of the players before the shooting started.

3 dead plus the shooter. 15 injured.

For God’s sake. A laser? When are we going to take these toys and guns away from irresponsible people? So ridiculous and needless. Because he got his feelings hurt playing video games so he chose the easiest means to channel his hatred. Has trump tweeed about it yet? Pro life people who don’t care about the proliferation of guns really, really grind my gears.

Back