• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Bonkers new senate bill (666) in Missouri -- worth reading the thread. I also post this because it makes JH and Junebug get a little 1 in chubby, and then they try to jerk it and realize, once again, that it is futile. Guys, if you can't finish at the thought of legalized lynchings, it's never gonna happen for ya.

senate bill 666 is not an accident. it's ok though. mark of the beast on their foreheads (maga) was pretty funny. this is chilling.

countdown to our lecture that this is just a natural extension of the "presumption of innocence." 10...9...

We know how this one will go. The J boys will claim that the law doesn’t legalizing lynching then when it does they’ll say it’s the law and our complaining is futile.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/15/us/sandy-hook-shooting-settlement-with-remington/index.html

Sandy Hook families reach $73 million settlement with gun manufacturer Remington

(CNN)The families of five children and four adults killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting have reached a $73 million settlement against the now-bankrupt gun manufacturer Remington and its four insurers, the plaintiffs' attorneys said Tuesday.

Remington was the manufacturer of the Bushmaster AR-15-style rifle used in the 2012 massacre that left 20 children and six adults dead in Newtown, Connecticut.

The families of nine slain victims filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against Remington in 2014.

A 2005 federal law protects many gun manufacturers from wrongful death lawsuits brought by family members. But attorneys for the families pushed a different approach: trying to hold Remington partly responsible because of its marketing strategy.

Lawyers for the plaintiffs contended that the company marketed rifles by extolling the militaristic qualities of the rifle and reinforcing the image of a combat weapon -- in violation of a Connecticut law that prevents deceptive marketing practices.

The US Supreme Court in 2019 decided not to take up an appeal by Remington, effectively allowing the suit to move forward.

In 2020, Remington filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in just over two years.

10 years later...good grief.

Good for them. Hope this sets a precedent that gun manufacturers can be held liable for mass shootings.

10 years later...good grief.

Good for them. Hope this sets a precedent that gun manufacturers can be held liable for mass shootings.

It'll really just remind our new apolitical supreme court that they can't punt one of the holy trinity of cases - worker's rights (pay, safety, etc), abortion, and guns or a lower court may do the right thing. When that happens changing precident or overturning sensible laws becomes more obvious.

How could more good guys with guns make this better?

Obviously, you shoot the good guy who’s trying to shoot the bad guy, since shooting the girl makes the good guy the bad guy.

Point is, more guns.

One would certainly assume that an Arkansas car show would be a place where a good guy with a gun would be able to stop a bad guy with a gun. Guess we need more people with guns.

If anywhere had 30-50 feral hogs, it would be Arkansas.

NO....MORE.....GUNS!

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Handguns/Military style weapons serve no purpose. Get rid of them all. I don't care about self-defense bullshit, I don't care about hunting. Police and military, maybe. But guns in the home are just absurd.

There is nothing we can control more than gun violence in the hands of civilians, simply by getting rid of them. Yes criminals would still be able to get a hold of them, somehow someway, but the fewer there are, the fewer they can get.

I just don't care anymore. Shit like this just gets so old. Friendly fire, Family fire, mistaken identity, etc etc etc etc happen far too often. You just DON'T NEED A GUN. You are making it many times more likely that someone gets hurt accidentally than actually using a gun for self-defense.

Fuck the 2nd Amendment and fuck gun-toting assholes with tiny-dick syndrome trying to make themselves feel more virile and powerful.

:mad:

And yes, I know this will be made fun of, mocked, and picked apart, but I don't care. I have never once needed a gun, nor heard of anyone I know needing a gun other than to grace the walls of their mancave with a 12-pointer *patooey*.

Fuck off.

/out of the blue insane rant

NO....MORE.....ALCOHOL!

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Alcohol serves no purpose. Get rid of beer liquor etc. I don't care about bars, social drinking, I don't care about college parties. Restaurants maybe. But alcohol in the home is just absurd.

There is nothing we can control more than alcohol related deaths by simply getting rid of alchol. Yes criminals would still be able to get a hold alcohol somehow someway, but the fewer there are, the fewer beers and liquor they can get.

I just don't care anymore. Shit like this just gets so old. Cirrhosis, abuse at home by drunks, drunk driving accidents, etc etc etc etc happen far too often. You just DON'T NEED ALCOHOL. You are making it many times more likely that someone gets hurt in a car accident or becomes an alcoholic.

Fuck the 21st amendment with all those tiny-dick syndrome drinkers trying to make themselves feel better about themselves

And yes, I know this will be made fun of, mocked, and picked apart, but I don't care. I have never once drank, nor heard of anyone who ever needed a drink during a football game, during a night out etc,. other than to grace their homes with a bar full of poison.

NO....MORE.....NUMBERS!

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Numbers serve no purpose. Get rid of one, two, eighty-five etc. I don't care about algebra, geometry, I don't care about derivatives. In music theory maybe. But numbers everywhere else is just absurd.

There is nothing we can control more than number related arguments by simply getting rid of numbers. Yes criminals would still be able to do math somehow someway, but the fewer numbers there are, the fewer equations they can make up and "claim" to have solved.

I just don't care anymore. Shit like this just gets so old. Fights about politics, song play counts, sports, etc etc etc etc happen far too often. You just DON'T NEED NUMBERS. You are making it many times more likely that someone gets hurt in a rocket explosion or becomes an mathematician.

Fuck the mathematics departments with all those tiny-dick syndrome thinkers trying to make themselves feel better about themselves

And yes, I know this will be made fun of, mocked, and picked apart, but I don't care. I have never once added, nor heard of anyone who ever needed to add during a pick-up basketball game, during a night out etc,. other than to grace their minds with a chart full of integers.

Back