• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

e14b35f641688d77eb824e649e6b5a2d.jpg

McCrory is scrambling to divert attention from the shit storm he's allowed to carry on. He announced a new budget that would give teachers a 5% raise plus 3.5% bonus...he just wants HB2 to go away.

McCrory is scrambling to divert attention from the shit storm he's allowed to carry on. He announced a new budget that would give teachers a 5% raise plus 3.5% bonus...he just wants HB2 to go away.

yeah I'm sure the General Assembly is totally going to go along with an 8.5% increase in expenditures on teachers. Good luck toe steppin' Pat.

If he gets it through the GA, sure, I'll give him credit for it. So far he has a zero success rate on getting his priorities through the GA as far as I can tell.

Has this been in the works for a while or is this a direct response to HB2 for Pat?

No chance this gets through the GA IMO.

Has this been in the works for a while or is this a direct response to HB2 for Pat?

No chance this gets through the GA IMO.

Both. It has seemed like walking back education cuts has been a big part of Pat's election strategy, but I bet the timetable has accelerated some.

At this point, given that he's been inexplicably doubling-down on HB2, calling other public officials and companies hypocrites and bullies, it's going to be very difficult for McCrory to back down on HB2 and not look like an even bigger idiot than he already appears to be. I'm speculating that he's quietly hoping the court will enjoin and then declare unconstitutional. Resolves it without him having to back down, plus he gets to blame goddamn activist judges.

I think he's probably pleading with GOP legislators behind closed doors to issue a "clarification" bill

From our dumbass Lt. Gov regarding HB2 and Paypal...

"If our action in keeping men out of women's bathrooms and showers protected the life of just one child or one woman from being molested or assaulted, then it was worth it. North Carolina will never put a price tag on the value of our children. They are precious and priceless. If a corporation wanting to do business in North Carolina does not see the worth of our children in the same light, then I wish them well as they do business somewhere else."

The real question is whether the North Carolinians will actually vote these donks out of office.

A colleague told me he and his wife were planning to drive up the coast from FL to MA this summer without stopping in NC. Good luck boycotting SC too.

I think there is a realistic chance McCrory gets the boot, but the legislature will be mostly unchanged.

Back