• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

3. The CLT ordinance is not about assault or perving on either side, it is solely about the comfort of the individual covered by it. That's it. It doesn't create a hate crime or protected class or anything else actually meaningful.

You can't possibly be this stupid. The CLT ordinance addressed a real problem (assault and harassment of transexual women in men's bathrooms) with a rational solution ( allowing transexuals to use the bathroom that is safest for them).

HB2 had nothing to do with protecting women from pervs. And if it did the proposed solution was irrational (forcing people who look like men to use the women's room thus making it easier for pervs to blend in).

You can't possibly be this stupid. The CLT ordinance addressed a real problem (assault and harassment of transexual women in men's bathrooms) with a rational solution ( allowing transexuals to use the bathroom that is safest for them).

HB2 had nothing to do with protecting women from pervs. And if it did the proposed solution was irrational (forcing people who look like men to use the women's room thus making it easier for pervs to blend in).

I never said anything about the intent of HB2, and I've said multiple times that it should be repealed. Stop trying to shift the discussion.

With respect to "The CLT ordinance addressed a real problem (assault and harassment of transexual women in men's bathrooms)":

1. Again, where are the #kenpomadvancedstats on the real problem? How many transgendered individuals have been assaulted in Charlotte bathrooms recently? I've lived here for over 10 years and have never seen any news stories about any such incidents (again, other than at the Scorpio). If this is such a rampant problem, where are the reports of it actually happening? And

2. Even if it was a regular occurrence, would not the assault of transexual women in men's bathrooms already be illegal under, I don't know, actual assault laws?

I never said anything about the intent of HB2, and I've said multiple times that it should be repealed. Stop trying to shift the discussion.

With respect to "The CLT ordinance addressed a real problem (assault and harassment of transexual women in men's bathrooms)":

1. Again, where are the #kenpomadvancedstats on the real problem? How many transgendered individuals have been assaulted in Charlotte bathrooms recently? I've lived here for over 10 years and have never seen any news stories about any such incidents (again, other than at the Scorpio). If this is such a rampant problem, where are the reports of it actually happening? And

2. Even if it was a regular occurrence, would not the assault of transexual women in men's bathrooms already be illegal under, I don't know, actual assault laws?

http://keepncsafe.org/wp-content/uploads/CLT-LGBT-Discrimination-Survey-Resuts.pdf

That link, though self-admittedly non-scientific and just a bunch of anecdotes, proves my point. Look at the bathroom incidents. Most of them are complaints of "you're in the wrong bathroom"; which goes against the common sentiment on this thread that most transgenders are passable and shame on anyone else for feeling uncomfortable around them. They were going in the self-identifiable bathroom and the other people in there were uncomfortable with that; clearly they weren't passable and were making others uncomfortable. So the CLT Ordinance, by prioritizing their comfort at the expense of the discomfort of those around them, is just creating a bigger divide.

You know one thing that I am absolutely not interested in? Hearing the NC GOP playing the blame game or making excuses. You wanted absolute unrestrained power? Well, you got it, and will probably continue to keep it even if there are more Democrat votes this next election than Pub votes, due to your Districting games, but one thing you can't do is blame this on somebody else.

It is your actions that have put you, and by proxy us, in opposition to 21st century new economy companies like Paypal and Red Hat. Own it. Anybody who lives in a big city and votes these clowns back in office is getting played the fool by the rural values voters in this state.

Are you going to ban guns from your office?

Good question. It's tricky -- I share an office with another colleague, and the office prohibition policy only covers single-occupancy office spaces. I don't hold office hours in there anyways, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for me right now.

Bruce canceling his show is just capitalism in action and a state GOP representative from
Greensboro calls it "bullying." That's rich.

Just drove past a group of religious fucksticks set up on the street corner with signs that say shit like "Thank you, Governor, for ending transgender bathroom tyranny." Goddamn.

Not sure I even follow the religious objection to transgender people anyway. Like, being gay, oh yeah, obviously the little Jesus Baby can't abide women licking each other's hoohas, I think there's even something in 2nd Leviticus about it. But being transgender? Where's the crime? What's the sin? Surely all those saintly persons holding supportive prayer vigils in front of the General Assembly have some biblical basis for their belief that transgender people are the work of Satan.

Not sure I even follow the religious objection to transgender people anyway. Like, being gay, oh yeah, obviously the little Jesus Baby can't abide women licking each other's hoohas, I think there's even something in 2nd Leviticus about it. But being transgender? Where's the crime? What's the sin? Surely all those saintly persons holding supportive prayer vigils in front of the General Assembly have some biblical basis for their belief that transgender people are the work of Satan.

The rhetoric always centers around trans women. Just like most gomers don't have a problem with two ladies scissoring. It's the idea of a couple of bros lubing up and ramming their dicks into each other's assholes that bothers people.

I think it's also you're not wanting to remain the "the way God made you." He has a plan and all, and that doesn't include you switching sides.

I think it's also you're not wanting to remain the "the way God made you." He has a plan and all, and that doesn't include you switching sides.

Unless it does of course. God made you uniquely you...as long as you fit in these little boxes. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the same people have less of a problem with fake boobs and tattoos.

“A prayer rally has been scheduled in downtown Greensboro and you are encouraged to attend and bring all your friends, family and church members. Thank God for the leadership of Governor Pat McCrory and the General Assembly in passing HB2 to protect women and children from having to share bathrooms, locker rooms and showers with grown men.

“Our state is being bullied by the media, corporations and the federal government for rejecting a gender policy that the American College of Pediatricians calls ‘child abuse.’ It’s time for us to stand up and pray.”

It’s unclear from the notice who is sponsoring the rally. The person listed as a contact didn’t immediately return a call from the newspaper Sunday afternoon.

The American College of Pediatricians is a conservative, anti-LGBT group that formed in 2002. It has been designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center for its anti-LGBT views.

It is not associated with the American Academy of Pediatrics, which has more than 60,000 members and is the primary professional association for pediatric workers in the United States..

Children are still sharing bathrooms and locker rooms with grown men.

Labeling the American College of Pediatrics as a hate group will probably be dismissed as "PC RUN AMOK !"

Last edited:
Unless it does of course. God made you uniquely you...as long as you fit in these little boxes. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the same people have less of a problem with fake boobs and tattoos.

yeah or lose/gain a lot of weight

Informative letter to the editor in today's N&O:

As a urologist, I have cared for gay, lesbian and transgender patients. There may be a misconception of terms.

Gays and lesbians are men and women who anatomically are men and women that have a sexual attraction to members of their own sex. A transvestite, as opposed to a transgender person, is an anatomically male or female who is not homosexual but enjoys wearing clothes of the opposite sex. A transgender person is one who is anatomically born male or female but has a gender identification of the opposite sex.

Both anatomic and gender identification are determined separately during fetal development in the womb. The anatomy is determined before gender identification and the fetus may sometimes experience abnormal hormone exposure resulting in children born with anatomy that is both male and female called ambiguous genitalia.

Gender identification occurs later and can also be influenced by other factors such an anatomic female fetus exposed to higher levels of testosterone resulting in male gender identification.

I recall the transgender patient I once treated who was born anatomically female but had a gender identity of a male from early childhood. She was found to have a testosterone secreting ovarian tumor that most likely influenced her gender identification.

Transgender individuals have a very difficult time psychologically because of the expectation and restrictions imposed by their parents, friends and others. When they can finally get over this psychological hurdle, they can develop and progress in a more psychologically rewarding life.

HB2 is a law that wasn’t necessary and feeds on the misconceptions of poorly informed individuals, especially our legislators and governor. It imposes another unfortunate burden on the small number of transgender individuals and is certainly a far cry from Christian love and acceptance. It is an embarrassment to our state and a law that needs to be repealed.

http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/article70814832.html

Back