• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

The UNC system has no choice but to comply with federal law, so something will definitely have to give in the next couple days.

“Access to sex-segregated restrooms and other workplace facilities consistent with gender identity is a term, condition or privilege of employment. Denying such access to transgender individuals, whose gender identity is different from the gender assigned at birth, while affording it to similarly situated non-transgender employees, violates Title VII …

“HB 2...is facially discriminatory against transgender employees on the basis of sex because it treats transgender employees, whose gender identity does not match their biological sex, as defined by HB2, differently from similarly situated non transgender employees…

That doesn't make much sense. He is saying that transgenders do not get to enjoy the privilege of sex-segregated restrooms under HB2 (because their gender doesn't match their sex). Okay, but how do non-transgenders get to enjoy the privilege of sex-segregated restrooms in the absence of HB2 if transgenders are in there (because, again, their gender doesn't match their sex)?

If berger and Co are smart they'll just repeal and blame it all on the damn interfering libruls in dc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Their nominee even disagrees.

Don't worry, once Pat has a chance to sit down with the US DOJ and Obama he can explain to them what the law means. Worst case he can just go to the Supreme Court later on and tell the justices what the law means and that people are just misinterpreting it.

Obama has daughters. Surely he understands the constant threats involved with their bathroom trips.

Obama has daughters. Surely he understands the constant threats involved with their bathroom trips.

Nah bro. They get Secret Service protection when they go to the bathroom.

If berger and Co are smart they'll just repeal and blame it all on the damn interfering libruls in dc

I really don't know what they're going to do. The UNC system has to comply with the Feds, no choice, but I really can't see Berger backing down absent a judicial order, so UNC is in the position of having to potentially disown a state law. Ol' Marge Spellings sure has had an interesting first 8 weeks of her tenure.

Well, if Richard Burr loses, it will likely be because of Trump, so may as well hitch the wagon.

so if UNC doesn't comply they lose Fed funding? is that right? if so, seems like spending less on education isn't much of a threat to the state.

so if UNC doesn't comply they lose Fed funding? is that right? if so, seems like spending less on education isn't much of a threat to the state.

Yeah, just like opting in on expanded Medicaid.

No doubt in my mind these idiots will immediately try to battle this out in court though.

Yeah they'll probably just reject this federal money as blood money too. NC is being run by a bunch of complete idiots.

Yeah, just like opting in on expanded Medicaid.

No doubt in my mind these idiots will immediately try to battle this out in court though.

With who? Roy "I mailed it in 3 years ago" Cooper? He won't even show up.

Hell, he probably has been backchanneling the DOJ info to do it.

Back