• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

We need to put together a list of who is allowed to respond to the nutjob right. Doofus, Numbers, and RJ cannot be on the list. I don't want to have me referring to sailor as a cocksucking bag of assholes lost in emo millinial whining.

yes

I was clearly joking with my post, hence the capitalization.

More PC, participation-trophy winning #olds getting wound up over rhetoric, responding with VULGARITY to make their point.

Nothing to see here.

like i said, shut up

But Barker's wife, Amanda, emerged from her home to explain the event would take place in Roxboro later in the day—and that it would take place in a convoy of vehicles because it was too cold to march.

What a bunch of pansies.

Winter Nights Cotton Flannel Solid King Sheet Set In White
Keep yourself toasty warm when it's chilly outside with the Winter Nights Cotton Flannel Solid Sheet Set. Exquisitely crafted of 100% cotton, the sumptuously soft sheets come in an array of fashionable colors to complement any bedding ensemble.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/...otton-flannel-solid-king-sheet-set-white.html

Anyone following the rumored Supreme Court packing? Apparently the republicans are considering adding 2 seats to the NCSC, with plans to have the lame duck governor appoint them on his way out.

Anyone following the rumored Supreme Court packing? Apparently the republicans are considering adding 2 seats to the NCSC, with plans to have the lame duck governor appoint them on his way out.

Seemed like the idea cooled this week.

GOP has called a special session for this evening. Won't say what it is for. Claim to have just requested it this afternoon, but internal memos show it was requested two days ago.

We are about to have a shit show on Jones street. Either court packing or revoking Gubernatorial powers.

Regulatory bill and bill canceling I-77 toll contract filed.

Likely bill switching powers from executive appointees to agencies likely before 7 pm deadline

A source with @NCGOP tells me they will introduce bill to shift responsibility for certain appointments from the executive branch. #ncga

This from a tweet from Alex Rose at Fox 8

A source with @NCGOP tells me they will introduce bill to shift responsibility for certain appointments from the executive branch. #ncga

This from a tweet from Alex Rose at Fox 8

Expand political appointments by 200% for a Republican governor. Take them away for a Democrat. GO TEAM!

More from Alex Rose Twitter

Senate bill would even out @NCSBE and county BOEs to 8 and 4 members respectively. This would take away Coopers Dem majority. #ncga @myfox8

Tweet from Joe Bruno at WSOC

New bill filed says NC's Chief Information Officer shall be nominated by Lt. Gov and confirmed by General Assembly ncleg.net/Sessions/2015E…

More from Alex Rose Twitter

Senate bill would even out @NCSBE and county BOEs to 8 and 4 members respectively. This would take away Coopers Dem majority. #ncga @myfox8

Can't wait to see who breaks the tie so that no early voting locations are established in areas where African-Americans live! Hopefully Dan Forest.

So the GA really does think they're better off without McCrory.

Republicans are now using political tools that nobody had the political will to use before because they know their rubes will not punish them for it.

Hate to throw around words like "fascism," but that's really what we've become in NC. For a party to be completely unwilling to recognize the legitimacy of an opposing party or share any political power whatsoever...it's pathetic, sad, and scary. North Carolina is about as purple a state as there is, but for a heavily gerrymandered Republican legislature that believes that it should be able to exercise total authority. No desire to work across the aisle to find solutions that could work for everyone. Almost feels like we just need to blow up our political system and start over, as we seem to be failing with the current one.

Back