• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

what percentage of people outside the old, white Fox News watching demo actually pay attention to mailers and use them to consider their vote?

Hard to imagine it's that many, but the rest of us aren't the targeted audience.

what percentage of people outside the old, white Fox News watching demo actually pay attention to mailers and use them to consider their vote?

Yeah I think you just answered your own question. My mailers don’t even make it inside, straight into recycling. I don’t intend to change my vote based on “Greedy Dan McCready” propaganda from the empty suit preacher promising to preserve my tax cut. That’s the Christian spirit!

Doing God’s work by supporting Trump. At least he doesn’t pal around with the Pelosi crowd like his dirtbag Democrat opponent.

Yeah I think you just answered your own question. My mailers don’t even make it inside, straight into recycling. I don’t intend to change my vote based on “Greedy Dan McCready” propaganda from the empty suit preacher promising to preserve my tax cut. That’s the Christian spirit!

right, but they were never going to vote for him anyway they'll just vote for any old R. so what's the point of mailers for swinging anyone's vote these days?

Familiarity principle and exposure effect - the more you see a message the more susceptible you are to absorb it and believe it, especially if you are uninformed and easily persuaded

Yeah, I dont know why I spend so much time on this board either, when I absolutely detest moderate suburban political attitude

This is hilarious. Today one of the data guys for the county Democrats posted a map showing areas with the highest concentration of Democrats who had already voted. It was almost completely suburban Democrats.

This is hilarious. Today one of the data guys for the county Democrats posted a map showing areas with the highest concentration of Democrats who had already voted. It was almost completely suburban Democrats.
I don't want to get into another endless debate with you over suburban politics. I'll just say that I believe wealthier people are more easily persuaded to reactionarily vote AGAINST things, and I believe that disenfranchised people, of all stripes, need concrete things to vote FOR. As valid and worthwhile as it is to #resist Trump and his agenda of hate, Democrats, nationally, haven't presented a clear vision of what they intend to do when they return to power.

Yeah but they were moderate suburban Democrats.

I don't want to get into another endless debate with you over suburban politics. I'll just say that I believe wealthier people are more easily persuaded to reactionarily vote AGAINST things, and I believe that disenfranchised people, of all stripes, need concrete things to vote FOR. As valid and worthwhile as it is to #resist Trump and his agenda of hate, Democrats, nationally, haven't presented a clear vision of what they intend to do when they return to power.

Probably because the Democrats running aren’t clear traditional Democrats. That’s a good thing and you’re mad about it.

In case anyone was concerned that the newly elected legislature would be the ones writing the legislation enabling the voter id requirements, the current legislative leaders have put that concern to rest. They plan to work on that after Thanksgiving. https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article221299965.html
I assume they'll also try to tackle the unconstitutional legislative districts while they are at it.

Knowing they're losing the supermajority come January, it's fairly likely we are going to see some truly awful bills over the next 8 weeks.

I'd hope that the legislature would amend the general statutes to include electric scooters as an acceptable form of transportation on roads, so municipalities can begin properly regulating them. In all likelihood, this will be taken up during the long session in the spring though.

Back