• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

“I don’t like it when I’m trying to look at a billboard and deciding where to turn,” Jarvis said.

“Billboards distract drivers,” Molly Diggins, former director of the North Carolina Sierra Club, said. “That’s the safety issue.”

Pretty much. NC does seem to have more billboards than other states. Never really thought about that.

Those are dumb complaints. The problem is that they’re an eyesore.

They're only an eyesore if you pay attention to them. If you pay attention, they're a distraction.

“I don’t like it when I’m trying to look at a billboard and deciding where to turn,” Jarvis said.

"Because they are the officially designated State Flower, dogwoods are exempt from the bill."

If It passes I'm about to be the Jonnyappleseed dogwoods.

SOTB has to be a giant money laundering operation for some drug cartel right? Does anyone actually go there?

Checked it out out of morbid curiousity about 15 years ago. Half the skeeball machines were broken

SOTB has to be a giant money laundering operation for some drug cartel right? Does anyone actually go there?
It was a more racist Buccees/flea market decades before (after?) its time.

We stopped there one time when I was little. It was decrepit then, although I did purchase a switchblade comb.

I stopped there to use the bathroom on my way to admitted students day at South Carolina law. I was the only person there.

It must not have been that profitable. A Canada themed North of the Border at the NC/VA border was an obvious expansion.

Surely this law won't hold up in court. And any Republican who claims they support the GOP because "it's the party of small government" should be laughed out of the room (or off the message boards) at this point. Micro-management Big Brother government at its finest.

Back