• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

...But its the democrats that rigged the primary against Bernie.
Yeah, it's definitely strange how the DNC treated candidate Hillary like an incumbent President, but that's in the past. Now we're watching another cult of personality self immolate.

Yeah, it's definitely strange how the DNC treated candidate Hillary like an incumbent President, but that's in the past. Now we're watching another cult of personality self immolate.
Well if you were the only Democrat in the field. And there certainly was a cult of personality in the 2016 primary on the Democratic side but it wasn't Hillary.

Last edited:
Dudes, the point was that many Bernie votes switched to Trump (or Stein or stayed home, handing the presidency to Trump) because the DNC, a political party that ran the Primary the way they wanted to according to rules they laid out in advance, cheated Bernie. Now the GOP are planning to do the exact thing they accused to Dems of doing only they are actually doing it and in a wildly blatant way. More hypocrisy from the GOP, no need for liberal infighting.

Dudes, the point was that many Bernie votes switched to Trump (or Stein or stayed home, handing the presidency to Trump) because the DNC, a political party that ran the Primary the way they wanted to according to rules they laid out in advance, cheated Bernie. Now the GOP are planning to do the exact thing they accused to Dems of doing only they are actually doing it and in a wildly blatant way. More hypocrisy from the GOP, no need for liberal infighting.

We wouldn’t be liberals if we weren’t infighting and ruining any chance at actually being a good political party.

Say it ain't so. The man behind the border wall GoFundMe site is a known GOP grifter.
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...8hBychZl6Xtb_3v5-qtRUErgOXxh9IcojHsmfRZS7-Kks

The fundraising page doesn’t mention Kolfage’s most recent business venture, a Facebook page titled Right Wing News and a ring of affiliate sites that frequently trafficked in conspiracy theories. In October, Right Wing News was pulled down by Facebook in a sweep of more than 559 pages that the company said were “using fake accounts… to drive traffic to their websites” or “were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.”
Days after the pulldown, Kolfage created a group called Fight4FreeSpeech, which accepts donations, and is also not referenced in the GoFundMe.
Kolfage told NBC News he didn’t want to mention Right Wing News or Fight4FreeSpeech because he “didn’t want it to be a distraction.”
“I don’t wanna mix the two. That shouldn’t be the focus. My personal issues have nothing to do with building the wall,” he said.
Kolfage also ran Right Wing News’ shuttered affiliate sites including VeteranAF and FreedomDaily, which pushed false conspiracy theories, like ones claiming Hillary Clinton was secretly hiding deadly illnesses and fake voter fraud stories days before the 2016 election.

The shuttering of Kolfage’s sites came a month after Michigan man Joel Vangheluwe sued FreedomDaily and other right wing sites for misidentifying him as the driver of the car that plowed into a group of peaceful protestors at a 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. The FreedomDaily article relied on the image board 4chan as its major source, according to a letter provided to the court by the contributor named in the suit. Kolfage was not listed as a defendant.
The sites often trafficked in false, inflammatory and racist content, including headlines like “Obnoxious Black People Lose Their Minds When Victoria Secret Models Say This 1 Word On Live Video” and “Trump Just Released Embarrassing Vids Of Obama’s Muslim Friends That He Never Wanted Seen.”
FreedomDaily and VeteranAF frequently ran identical stories by users with different bylines. Several stories on FreedomDaily written by “Liberty Belle” also appear on “VeteranAF” under the byline “Lady Liberty.”
Following Facebook’s takedown, Kolfage’s story drew considerable interest from right-wing media sites including Breitbart and WorldNetDaily. He has since appeared on Fox News to tout Fight4FreeSpeech, a group against “social media censorship.”

How dumb are these people?

The most sensitive people that I have encountered are conservatives...I have 3 friends that have been distant bc I challenged them on their MAGA bullshit. The IRONY

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

It’s going to be interesting to see how they save face and get out of this mess or just double down.

I don’t see how they save face and get the lib tears they love so much.

Last edited:
It’s going to be interesting to see how they save face and get out of this mess or just double down.

I don’t see how they save face and get the lib tears they love so much.

They can’t save face if they have primaries in 2020. They will get popped by their base if they abandon dear leader.

Back