• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Yeah, that’s true, it’s my warped perspective and privilege that has me saying it’s coming and ignoring the current state. I was focusing on the coming rube militias but violence has already broken out nationwide, we are kind of fucked.

What is the actual fucking potential point of a militia and why are they legal?

To serve as police and military before we had police and military

Because we still follow laws from the 1700s

The paramilitary organizations that currently call themseleves militias usurped the term around 1992. They are much closer to bands of Regulators or vigilantes than what the militia historically has been in this country.

A major political party in the United States is openly threatening violence against the opposing party.

And bragging about it, no less. You can almost sense the euphoria in that post - "armed right-thinking God-fearin' folk have evil LibDem pols cowering in fear - yeeha!" Vigilante justice.

Didn’t the Republicans flee the statehouse and the police had to find them? And their big strong militia boys have to protect them?Seems like they’re wrong about who is cowering in fear.

Didn’t the Republicans flee the statehouse and the police had to find them? And their big strong militia boys have to protect them? Seems like they’re wrong about who is cowering in fear.

They're projecting, always projecting. It's not their brave pols who are hiding in fear to avoid a vote (and they are, or were), but it's the LibDems who are chicken! It can't be us!

So I found out TX Dems fled to avoid a vote that allowed the TX GOP to redistrict between censuses and gerrymander to increase their power in the legislature. So Dems fled because the GOP was planning an assault on democracy.

What are OR Pubs hiding from?

Oregon’s statehouse shut down for safety concerns on Saturday. But the threats weren’t coming from anonymous trolls or foreign fighters—they were coming from the state’s Republican senators, who have teamed up with right-wing militias to threaten violence over a climate change bill. But this walkout also came with violent threats. Multiple senators are believed to have fled to Idaho, with right-wing militias flocking to their aid. While leaving the statehouse before the walkout, Republican Sen. Brian Boquist implied that police officers who pursued them should be ready to die. “Send bachelors and come heavily armed,” Boquist warned police in a televised interview shortly before his walkout. “I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”

After Oregon Gov. Kate Brown called on state troopers to return the lawmakers to the capital, the paramilitary group the Oath Keepers suggested violence against her.
“Gov. Brown, you want a civil war, because this is how you get a civil war,” the Oath Keepers wrote on their public Facebook page. Beneath the post, Oath Keeper fans suggesting hanging, arresting, or taking up arms against Brown.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/oregon-statehouse-shut-down-lawmakers-171252495.html

Serious blood will be shed before Jan 20, 2021 on the basis of politics. Not Charlottesville, not a protest with fights or something causing harm. Legitimate warfare-esque bloodshed. This Oregon shit is ridiculous but sadly is going to become more common methinks.

Serious blood will be shed before Jan 20, 2021 on the basis of politics. Not Charlottesville, not a protest with fights or something causing harm. Legitimate warfare-esque bloodshed. This Oregon shit is ridiculous but sadly is going to become more common methinks.

No there won’t. Pubs are all dwarves and pansies. Like lectro.

Back